Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
At Twilio SendGrid we’re focused on developing and expanding our world-class, cloud-based customer engagement platform. Twilio SendGrid is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio SendGrid is a fast moving, lean company where every team member has a huge stake in the company’s success.
At Twilio SendGrid the experience of our customers and making them successful is one of our most important tasks. Given that our customers pay us over time customer growth and retention is vital to our long-term profitability. We will not be successful unless our customers are continuously receiving value from Twilio SendGrid.
You excel in a fast paced environment, working as a customer’s internal advocate to remove obstacles that may impede a customer’s experience with Twilio. You thrive on solving new, complex challenges that are unique to your customers and their businesses. You care deeply about building trust with everyone you work with.
Twilio SendGrid is looking for a Customer Success Manager who has a successful track record of working with both technical and non-technical teams. We seek someone with:
- Install base sales, technical support or account management experience
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for customers and problem solving
- A proven track record of successfully developing and managing customer relationships, projects and/or software deployments
- A history of leadership through actions in areas of character, commitment, communication skills and work ethic
- Understanding of technology, with strong business acumen
- Successful track record working with both technical and non-technical teams
- Ability to understand and translate technical concepts to non-technical contacts
- Intermediate analytical and Excel skills
- An extreme attention to detail
Your primary responsibility is to ensure that our customers receive an outstanding customer experience. You will work with customers throughout the customer’s lifecycle to ensure customer receives maximum value from our solution. You will work with our customers to build relationships, learn about their businesses, and drive value based on our customers defined goals and objectives.
You’ll spend your day:
- Maintaining world-class levels of customer retention, customer satisfaction, and ongoing customer engagement
- Closely managing growth and retention programs for our large base of existing customers.
- Obtaining an in depth understanding of our products and services
- Working with Sales and Support to ensure smooth handoffs from Sales to Support/Customer Success
- Developing strong relationships with Engineering, Product and Operations to ensure cohesion and shared understanding of goals and initiatives
- Working with customers on escalated issues to ensure the best possible experience
- Responding to inbound communications assisting customers on product adoption and expansion tasks
- Working closely with account executives on pricing and contract negotiations using skills that balance customer and Twilio SendGrid perspectives
- Uncovering expansion opportunities based on customer inquiries
- Driving maximum customer health and retention
- Working with the rest of the Customer Success team implementing customer- focused initiatives designed to expand Twilio SendGrid’s revenue footprint, add business value to the customer, create and communicate best practices, and evangelize product value
Twilio is empowering the world’s developers and enterprise with the technology to build modern, enjoyable communication experiences in their applications. The Customer Success Team is a strategic component in building our customer base and helping businesses improve how they interact with their customers.
The Customer Success Manager is the constant customer advocate and is focused on driving usage and adoption as well as customer satisfaction as a whole. You make sure that customers take full advantage of all features and services that SendGrid has to offer. Customer Success Managers are often the first to identify growth and up-sell opportunities.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position is based out of our office in Soho Square, London W1D 3QB. You will enjoy our incredible perks: game area, snacks, ergonomic sit-stand desks, bi-weekly All Hands and more. Typically, you will be traveling at least 40% per month for this role visiting customers onsite throughout Europe. You will get to experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.