Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
At Twilio SendGrid we’re focused on developing and expanding our world-class, cloud-based customer engagement platform. Twilio SendGrid is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio SendGrid is a fast moving, lean company where every team member has a huge stake in the company’s success.
This role’s primary responsibility is to ensure that our customers receive an outstanding customer experience. You will work with customers throughout the customer’s lifecycle to ensure customer receives maximum value from our solution. You will work with our customers to build relationships, learn about their businesses, and drive value based on our customers defined goals and objectives.
You excel in a fast paced environment, working as a customer’s internal advocate to remove obstacles that may impede a customer’s experience with Twilio. You thrive on solving new, complex challenges that are unique to your customers and their businesses. You care deeply about building trust with everyone you work with.
Twilio SendGrid is looking for a Senior Customer Success Manager who has a successful track record of working with both technical and non-technical teams. We seek someone with:
- Extensive experience in a customer facing role of a highly technical product
- Experience in account management of strategic customers
- Passion for customers and solving complex challenges
- Proven track record of successfully developing and managing customer relationships, projects and/or software deployments
- Collaborative, confident, and credible working across and at all levels of an organization
- Confident negotiator
- Calm and composed under pressure with the confidence and awareness of when to say, “No” as well as delegate
- High technical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated technical ability in email services, marketing platforms and email deliverability
- Experience communicating with all levels (ex. developers, vendor management, C-levels)
- Advanced Excel, Salesforce, Splunk, and Looker skills
- Proactive, driven, and self-motivated
- Successful track record working with both technical and non-technical teams
- Ability to understand and translate technical concepts to non-technical contacts
- Clear communicator, both written and oral
- Strong presentation skills
As a Customer Success Manager, your job is to work to be the customer advocate always and to drive usage and adoption as well as customer satisfaction as a whole. You make sure that customers take full advantage of all features and services that SendGrid has to offer.
You’ll spend your day:
- Managing a portfolio of well-established Twilio SendGrid Customers
- Developing strategic relationships with Managed SendGrid customers to deliver maximum value for the customer and SendGrid. Ensure customers take full advantage of all features and services resulting in strong customer health and retention.
- Understand the organizational structure of the customer company, identifying the areas that present a deep strategic partnership opportunity. Build and grow multiple relationships across a customer’s organization
- Develop success plans and business reviews for customers that outline critical success factors, metrics for success, potential issues, and recommendations
- Closely monitor customer performance (deliverability, volume, cost) and proactively manage with the customer as needed
- Partnering with Sales Account Executive to identify upsell and cross-sell opportunities for product and services within your account base.
- Educate customers on product offering, identify growth and up-sell opportunities promoting new products and services within the SendGrid product portfolio
- Work with leadership to develop proposals and pricing plans
- Use business, pricing, and contract negotiation skills, balancing customer and SendGrid perspectives
- Maximizing customer email sends by ensuring great service is provided whether by support, deliverability consultation, or CSM account management
- Providing customer feedback to Product organization to inform future product development
- Leading and/or participate in customer- focused initiatives designed to expand SendGrid’s revenue footprint, add business value to the customer, create and communicate best practices, and evangelize product value
- Identify and drive improvements in process, systems and tools
- Participate in and lead team meetings to communicate purpose, goals and successes
- Participating in cross-functional teams such as Customer Support, Product and Marketing to ensure cohesion and shared understanding of goals and initiatives
- Setting an example of leadership in areas of work ethic, values, commitment and communication consistent with our culture
Twilio is empowering the world’s developers and enterprise with the technology to build modern, enjoyable communication experiences in their applications. The Customer Success Team is a strategic component in building our customer base and helping businesses improve how they interact with their customers.
Our customers experience and making them successful is one of our most important tasks. Given that our customers pay us over time, customer growth and retention is vital to our long-term profitability. We will not be successful unless our customers are continuously receiving value from Twilio SendGrid.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position is based out of our office in Soho Square, London W1D 3QB. You will enjoy our incredible perks: game area, snacks, ergonomic sit-stand desks, bi-weekly All Hands and more. Typically, you will be traveling at least 40% per month for this role visiting customers onsite throughout Europe. You will get to experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.