Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is a rapidly growing leader in the cloud communications software market. Our Sales Development team is a key part of the New Business Sales team consisting of Sales Managers and New Business Account Executives. As a leader, you will lead a team that supports all levels of the organization by qualifying marketing leads and creating new opportunities that add pipeline and revenue to the broader sales organization. This includes joining a team with people who are smart, organized, thorough, and take pride in initiating meaningful relationships with future customers.
- 3-5+ years of experience in sales development management.
- Proven record of sales success.
- Ability to hire, onboard, and continuously train new sales representatives.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing conditions at a fast-paced, growing company
- Experience in successfully managing people to achieve performance goals.
- Robust Salesforce.com analysis of marketing campaigns.
- Excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant years' of experience.
- Previous experience in the cloud or enterprise software space.
- CS background and/or an MBA
- Hire, train, and manage a team of Business Development & Sales Development Representatives.
- Motivate Individuals and team to exceed objectives through coaching and mentorship.
- Develop and mentor reps for career growth within the Twilio Sales organization.
- Report on sales metrics and forecast to senior sales management.
- Actively use salesforce.com to manage sales process, and set standards for performance metrics.
- Collaborating with the sales team to ensure a smooth handoff of new opportunities, and reviewing the quality of sales opportunities on a regular basis.
- Analyze campaign and marketing data to make key business decisions.
- Coordinate with senior sales management to optimize processes and develop new campaigns to attain aggressive pipeline goals.
- Align with sales leadership in NAMER to determine how to best support regional teams.
This position will be located in our private office in the WeWork co-working space at 15 Beach Road, right in the middle of the city centre next to the iconic Raffles Hotel. You will enjoy our incredible perks: weekly team lunch, snacks, free flow of fresh fruit water, micro-roasted coffee, tea and craft beer, ergonomic desks, ping pong games, daily community events, vibrant co-working space filled with multinational companies / startups / entrepreneurs / freelancers, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Global Sales team plays an integral role in building out our customer base and bringing Twilio to developers, non-profits, and enterprise to make an impact on their services. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience.
We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.