As a Senior Software Engineer 2 at Twilio, you will be responsible for the infrastructure code that enables us to do account management, authentication, authorization and auditing for our products in a secure and scalable way. You will work on a small, versatile and passionate team, tackling new problems as we continue to push our technology forward. You will design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions that solve customer’s problems at-scale. You will have the opportunity to shape architectural solutions that enable us to achieve our goal of simplifying communication between businesses and their customers.
Twilio is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer 2 with a demonstrated track record of building scalable software:
- Typically 5-7+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related engineering field, or equivalent experience
- Expert level knowledge of at least 1 of Golang, Java, Python, or Ruby, C++
- Proficiency in at least one of 2 of the above languages
- Experience in distributed architectures (high availability, cloud delivery, caching)
- Ability to rapidly acquire new technical skills and knowledge in a fast-paced, high-delivery environment
- Experience with TDD and a passion for delivering code that can be tested and deployed automatically
- Understanding of how to mitigate deployment risk in a modern SaaS environment (proper canary protocols, operability)
- Able to take responsibility for going beyond existing standards and creating own interpretations
Our stack includes: Golang, Docker, Redis, Ruby, Kafka, Python, MySQL, AWS
As Senior Software Engineer 2, you will:
- Help to design and architect large scale systems which impact multiple teams
- Focus on designing and implementing systems for scalability, testability, supportability and maintainability
- Evaluate new technologies that could be brought to bear to solve technical challenges as they arise
- Perform thorough and thoughtful code reviews for lower-level engineers in order to help level them up through their engineering career journey
- Act as a champion for good habits (development techniques, TDD, security, and tech debt balance, agile habits)
- Use your knowledge of Go, Python, and/or Perl to identify problematic code issues before they hit production
- Lead the resolution of technical issues/blocks as a developer on the team
- Assist in cross-team efforts to troubleshoot/determine resolution for complex issues, design and architect next generation services and systems, define and and implementation of new Twilio engineering processes
- Work with Engineering Managers and Product Managers to define priorities and roadmap
- Be responsible for documentation of projects your team works on
- Work with stakeholders to share knowledge and ensure the security, operability, quality, and scalability of technical outcomes
The Account Management team is central to Twilio as it manages the full account lifecycle, authentication, authorization and product-independent profile. It is responsible for managing a user and account level permission and determining whether or not they can access a certain Twilio functionality.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California St, Denver, CO 80202. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.