Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for an experienced engineering leader who will manage and grow a development team focused on revamping Twilio’s console experience. This team owns and build experience that is used by our diverse set of customers.
- You are very comfortable influencing the technical direction (front end) of the team, and even able to roll up your sleeves and write a few lines of code or perform a code review.
- You have a track record of building and managing highly effective engineering teams.
- You are passionate about operational excellence and have the know-how to build an engineering team that delivers it.
- You have ideally led UI or front-end engineering teams at high-growth companies
- 6+ years experience managing global, geographically distributed teams
- Successful technical background leading the development and delivery of complex, data-driven enterprise class software
- Excellent communication skills, ability to explain technical roadmap to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to drive engineering work in a hands-on fashion when needed
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Lead and grow a team of passionate engineers in our Dublin - Ireland office and work closely with teams in San Francisco.
- Provide support and guidance that enables the team to self-organize and to achieve predictable, sustained high velocity.
- Help engineers grow through career development, coaching, and mentoring to assist them in maximizing their potential. You'll provide a clear path for progression through personal development plans, goal setting, performance evaluations, and collaboration with engineers on career objectives.
- Own, operate, and maintain your team’s services. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to your stakeholders. Maintain a rotating on-call incident response and escalation process.
- Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers, Tech Leads, and Architects to ensure the team has a clear direction and priorities, and the status of those priorities are clearly communicated.
- Represent your team’s operational maturity to Twilio’s technology executives and teams across the company.
- Act as an ambassador for Twilio, recruiting and motivating top talent.
The Billing/Identity and ReSeller Platform is the keystone of Twilio’s backbone to ensure customers have an optimal experience throughout their journey. Your work in leading the team to build an awesome web/mobile experience for all our products and interaction will allow Twilio to continue to experiment and evolve the way we sell and increase our revenue growth.
In this role, you'll work with individuals from Sales, Finance, Product, and Engineering to ensure the end to end to end experience of new and existing products resonate with our customers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful Dublin - Ireland office. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.