Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
The Corporate Operations team leads program management of large scale cross-company initiatives, including global location strategy and operationalization of new offices, M&A integration strategy and execution, and maintains a portfolio of special projects that seek to mature company processes for scale.
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Director, M&A Integration to join its Corporate Operations team and lead M&A integration for Twilio globally. This role will drive all aspects of integration planning and execution. Responsibilities range from working with executive business sponsors to define key value priorities for potential acquisitions, to overseeing development of company-wide integration plans focused on achieving deal objectives, to rolling up your sleeves on tactical integration aspects in need of additional focus.
The Director, M&A Integration will manage cross-functional integration teams to ensure all relevant tasks are completed. Stakeholder groups include acquiring business and technology teams, HR, tax, legal, finance, security, accounting, real estate and marketing. Reporting to the Head of Corporate Operations, this is a critical position that will lead and take ownership of all aspects of M&A integration, while working with senior management and a team of functional leads across the company.
Twilio is looking for an M&A integration leader with:
- A demonstrated track record of successful cross-functional leadership, collaboration, and relationship building.
- Minimum of 8+ years of relevant experience, preferably at a leading technology company, and a minimum of 3+ years experience leading multiple M&A integrations.
- Exceptional project management skills, the ability to track and manage complex processes, and a desire to lead multiple teams and multiple projects.
- Technical ability to understand software and recognize areas of product integration, discuss product roadmaps, and engage with product managers.
- Technically savvy and experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise and software is a plus.
As the Director, M&A Integration, you will:
- Participate in due diligence, understand the strategic objectives, drive integration planning, assess risks and challenges, develop comprehensive project plans, drive all integration work streams, lead functional teams, monitor status, rapidly identify and resolve potential issues, and give regular status updates to senior management.
- Build out and continuously improve integration capabilities by identifying and developing process improvements, best practices, and tools to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the team and improve the quality of integration efforts.
- Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and have significant exposure to our executive leadership.
The Corporate Operations team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership to guide company strategy and lead company wide cross-functional initiatives. This role will have the opportunity to build an integration function from the ground up, and will have large exposure to senior executives at Twilio as we continue to build Twilio’s M&A integration muscle.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful new office at 101 Spear Street in the Rincon Center in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.