Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio’s Flex WFO team help our customers understand how their Contact Center performs through insightful reporting, optimize the flow of events and assignments to agents.
WFO engineers support this goal by creating and maintaining CI/CD data pipeline. This pipeline transforms the raw data into intuitively understandable format, that allows insight into conversations between agents and customers along with the ability to drill down from top-level KPIs to individual conversations.
Twilio is looking for exceptional software engineers who meet the following requirements.
- Java experience
- Kafka (and Kafka streaming) experience, generally working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable data stores.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Dynamo.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, ECS, S3, RDS, CloudFormation
- CI/CD integration
- JUnit and integration testing
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, etc.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Node.js experience
- Kinesis experience
- Redshift experience
- AWS Lambda experience
- ElasticSearch & Kibana experience
- API development experience
As a Flex WFO Engineer, you can expect to fill your days by:
- expanding and optimizing our data pipeline. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using Twilio and AWS technologies.
- Operate above mentioned pipelines making sure it meets the SLA
Because data are plentiful and everywhere. What is truly unique is the ability to transform them in a way that makes our customers goal easier to reach. That requires technical excellency as well as customer empathy. And that’s where you fit in.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at Sokolovská 694/100a, Karlín, Praha. You will enjoy our office perks: snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, Monday lunches and Wednesday breakfasts, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Franciscoand other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.