Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
The Manager for the Agile Program Management (APM) team is a dynamic and inspiring leader with a passion for managing, mentorship, and influential leadership. You will grow and lead a team of Agile Program Managers (who fill the role of Scrum Master) across the Email Infrastructure, Customer Lifecycle, and Technical Operations programs. The APM team drives Agile best practices to ensure that we deliver the highest value in the shortest reasonable time. You will drive best practices and continuous improvement not only with the APMs but across Engineering.
Your primary responsibilities will be to hire great people, mentor through regular feedback, and lead the team to consistently set the bar high. To succeed in this role, you will have a passion for Agile software development and program management, fostering a culture of collaboration, and possess a strong background in Agile and other program management methodologies.
- 7-12 plus years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of experience and education
- At least two-plus years of people management responsibility
- Proficient in Agile and traditional project and program management methodologies
- Excellent communication skills; ability to give frank and empathetic feedback and coaching
- Live by the competencies of Accountable, Focused, Collaborative, and Self Motivated
- Live by and champion our cultural values of the Twilio Magic
- Lead Agile Program Managers to drive their teams to high performance
- Define and evangelize Agile best practices and serve as a thought leader on Agile and program management tactics
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product leaders to ensure alignment on practices within scrum teams
- Responsible for the overall success of your team members
- Provide performance feedback and coaching for the team, including creating staff development plans and mentoring your team in a way that reflects the needs of individuals
- Expected travel 10-20%
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all of the things you'll do
The APM team has played a pivotal role in Twilio SendGrid’s Agile maturity and improvements in the way we deliver value to customers. As it continues to grow we need a manager to help lead and evangelize Agile best practices with a focus on principles.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be based in Denver or Irvine. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, standing desks, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.