Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a Customer Compliance Specialist to join our Asia Pacific and Japan team supporting our customers with compliance requirements and associated workflows.
If you’re someone who is excited by helping customers through tough challenges and enjoys serving others, we’d love to hear from you! You’re a strong communicator to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email and you’re able to empathize with frustrated customers from all backgrounds. You enjoy collaborating with colleagues on your team, helping them with the day to day challenges, and contributing ideas on how to improve the team’s work. Your role is critical in ensuring customer success with one of our most important products
You should have a firm understanding of how Twilio works and you’ve ideally come from a telecommunications background. You’ve got strong time management skills, an excellent eye for detail, work well under pressure, and are efficient at getting work done while still following standard processes and procedures.
- You have 2-3 years experience in a customer facing role focused on product onboarding or support in a SaSS/API platform environment
- You’re able to address customer concerns and provide feedback in a friendly, diplomatic and empathetic way; you treat customer problems like your own
- You’re great at consuming and transcribing complex documentation for customers
- You have experience with creating reports and a track record of presenting data in a clear, consumable manner for various stakeholders
- You’re a self-starter; you’re excited by proactively reaching out to customers to help them solve compliance challenges
- You’re organized and you’ve got an eye for detail. You’re able to keep track of multiple projects at once and can easily prioritize what needs to get done first
- If you have Mandarin language skills, that’s a huge plus
- You will help customers understand and comply with phone number regulatory requirements using email, phone calls, and meetings where necessary
- You will educate customers on and guide them through various processes and workflows related to phone number compliance
- You will act as a subject matter expert on customer-facing regulatory requirements including acceptable documentation, address requirements, etc
- You will partner with internal product and operations teams to ensure customers’ compliance needs are met efficiently
- You will report on weekly metrics and targets regarding customer compliance completion
- You will serve as a point of escalation for customers needing immediate assistance as well as internal customer facing teams needing help with managing customer questions on phone number compliance
This position will be located in our private office in the WeWork co-working space at 15 Beach Road, right in the middle of the city centre next to the iconic Raffles Hotel. You will enjoy our incredible perks: weekly team lunch, snacks, free flow of fresh fruit water, micro-roasted coffee, tea and craft beer, ergonomic desks, ping pong games, daily community events, vibrant co-working space filled with multinational companies / startups / entrepreneurs / freelancers, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
The Customer Success and Support team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with customers of all sizes to solve complex problems. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with both our products and our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring customer success with one of our most important products: phone numbers.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.