Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
We are looking for an experienced commercial contracts attorney to join our growing legal team in Denver. You will be responsible for managing a large volume of inbound and outbound contracts and work closely with Twilio’s Sales Team as well as other key business units to guide contracts through review, negotiation and signing.
You are a talented and creative attorney who is passionate about working on sophisticated contracts and closing deals. This job is for you if you enjoy and thrive in a fast-paced and high pressure environment, you work well with sales reps in particular and a wide-range of personalities in general. You must be dedicated to providing excellent customer service, have zealous attention to detail, excellent judgment and excellent people skills. Of course, we are also looking for someone eager to be a contributing member of a fun, supportive and high functioning team.
- J.D. with strong academic credentials and demonstrated record of success as a lawyer
- Member of Colorado Bar or eligible to register as Registered In-House Counsel
- 4+ years corporate transaction experience with significant experience with commercial contracts
- Dedication to superior customer service
- Ability to structure, draft and negotiate a high volume and broad range of contracts, including sales, licensing, marketing, professional services and NDA’s
- Proven ability to provide entrepreneurial, quick-thinking, pragmatic, business-oriented advice and to properly balance risks and business reward
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to advocate for a position while maintaining collaborative and open-minded approach
- Appropriately triage a heavy workflow, setting appropriate priorities with clients and delivering results efficiently.
- Think creatively, devise solutions to challenging problems and effectively drive issues to closure.
- Exercise mature and reliable judgment while enjoying the company's enthusiastic, informal and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Experience with Salesforce, DocuSign and JIRA is a plus.
- Good sense of humor, disdain for drama, interest for learning new things and desire to get things done
As Commercial Counsel, you will:
- Draft, review, negotiate and manage a wide range of legal agreements.
- Advise Twilio’s internal clients on contract interpretation and negotiation.
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures, and standard template language to be used in contracts.
- Train and advise contract specialists on the Legal Team on the preparation, negotiation and execution of form-based agreements.
- Create processes and procedures to help support a rapidly-growing, global business.
- Champion Twilio’s mission, ethics and integrity by ensuring that Twilio’s compliance policies are in practice and protect the company from risk, comply with all applicable local laws and regulations, and are in line with Twilio’s values.
Twilio’s legal team prides itself on the trust it has built across the business through consistently providing practical and sound legal advice. Your unique skill set and experience are critical to help support our thriving and growing business and reinforce the trust and partnership we have cultivated with teams across the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office in Denver You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.