New York, New York
Twilio’s growing Commercial Legal Team in New York is looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Contracts Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the Twilio’s Go-To-Market Sales Team for the East Coast, your Commercial Legal Team colleagues, as well as other key Twilio stakeholders in shepherding contracts to completion for sales and telecommunication carrier deals while ensuring adherence to set contracting policies and processes; reviewing and drafting certain sales and carrier-related agreements; and working closely with the senior contracts manager for the East Coast on sales contracting process and systems improvements.
We are looking for something with:
- A bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience with structuring, drafting, and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts autonomously
- Experience supporting and directly working with a large Go-To-Market Sales Team
- Experience using Salesforce, Apttus, DocuSign, and JIRA
- Experience in process improvement and taking initiative to address process pain points
- Experience educating and guiding non-legal colleagues on proper internal legal processes
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with internal and external stakeholders across multiple deals and projects simultaneously
- Provide dedicated and excellent customer service
As Contracts Manager, you will:
- Review, draft, and structure a variety of sales-related agreements, telecommunication carrier agreements, NDAs, order forms, amendments, and statements of work
- Interpret Twilio’s standard customer terms and conditions, NDAs, carrier agreements, and order form terms for a variety of internal stakeholders
- Serve as first point of contact to internal business units to answer contract-related inquiries and escalate as appropriate to senior legal colleagues
- Educate and train members of the Sales Team on contracting processes to ensure smooth and timely turnaround of contract requests
- Assist senior contracts manager with implementing and executing improvements to make commercial contracting processes, tools, and systems more efficient
- Assist with periodic updates to Twilio’s standard terms and conditions, policies, and other agreement templates
- Develop new and update existing sales training content and materials on an ongoing basis
- Route sales agreements for approval and signature
- Manage and assign incoming contracts for review to legal colleagues
Twilio’s Legal Team prides itself on the trust it has built across the business through consistently providing practical and sound legal advice. Your unique skill set and experience are critical to helping support our thriving and growing business and reinforce the trust and partnership we have cultivated with teams across the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we are dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 50 West 17th Street in New York. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, wifi enabled rooftop lounge, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, we know this is a marathon not a sprint; that builds an inclusive culture where we want all of our people to be comfortable and thrive. We seek out people who live by our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.