Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and is seeking a Backend Software Engineer to join our Statistics team. As a Backend Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the infrastructure code that enables our customers to manage the delivery of billions of emails a month in a secure and scalable way. You will work on a small, versatile and passionate team, tackling new problems as we continue to push our technology forward. You will design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions that solve customers’ problems at-scale. You will have the opportunity to shape architectural solutions that enable us to achieve our goal of simplifying communication between businesses and their customers.
Twilio is looking for a software engineer with a demonstrated experience developing and maintaining large scale, distributed systems.
- Typically, 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of two or more of the following languages: C, C++, Go, Java, C#, Perl, or Python
- Experience in configuration management and monitoring/instrumentation
- Experience in database development (relational or NoSql)
- Experience developing and troubleshooting in multithreaded and distributed environments
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
As a Backend Software Engineer, you will:
- Code, test, and deploy large scale systems which drive your team’s core focus area
- Focus on implementing systems for scalability, testability, supportability, and maintainability
- Help troubleshoot and optimize your team’s services
- Help design and implement next-generation services and systems
- Internalize the set of good habits (development techniques, TDD, security, and tech debt balance, agile habits) that drive high-end engineering excellence
- Share your knowledge and ensure the security, operability, quality, and scalability of your work
- Perform on-call duties to support our services in production
As a backend engineer on the Statistics team, you will be working on services that need to aggregate billions of events a day to provide an accurate picture of email processing and delivery. Just as our scale is constantly growing so will your impact on helping our customers solve their statistics and analytics needs.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 400 Spectrum Center Dr in Irvine, CA. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.