Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
At Twilio SendGrid we’re focused on developing and expanding our world-class, cloud-based transactional email platform. We’ve revolutionized the transactional email space by powering the infrastructure for thousands of companies that rely on us to send billions of emails each month. Twilio SendGrid is a fast moving, lean company where every team member has a huge stake in the company’s success.
The Associate Support Engineer is an entry-level Customer Support role. SendGrid is growing and looking to hire a kickass problem-solver who is passionate about customer support and solving customer’s challenges. Excellent customer service is one of the core values of our company and what our customers have come to expect and love about our service. If you are technically savvy, customer focused, and have outstanding communication skills, keep reading.
Shift: Tuesday- Saturday, 1-10pm MT
Twilio SendGrid is looking for a customer service driven individual who demonstrates a competency in communicating technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- 1 year + providing professional customer and/or technical support
- Quick learner, willing to take initiative, and has great follow through
- Strong listening skills and analytic abilities
- Introspective with passion for self improvement
- Passion for applied learning in a fast paced environment
- Strong problem solving skill set, creatively
- Conversational, patient and empathetic, with a positive attitude and great ethics
- Accountable - Being willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from their own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that they're involved in
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Focused - Achieve what they set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply to be busy and active
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals
As an Associate Support Engineer you will:
- Live by and champion our cultural values: Twilio Magic
- Provide product support for common customer inquiries received via the telephone, email and chat
- Multi-task between several different customer conversations, while simultaneously using resources such as the website and internal knowledge base to answer customer inquiries. Successfully prioritize multiple and concurrent chats/tickets.
- Assess the nature of product or service issues and resolve basic support problems
- Log customer interactions and tag/categorize issues accordingly
- Escalate complex issues to more senior Support staff
- Perform general tasks and complete routine assignments
- Consistently be looking for ways to improve existing processes and procedure
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California St in Denver, CO You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.