Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a talented and experienced software architect for Twilio’s Super Network Software Engineering team. In this role, you would be overseeing the design and scaling of systems that provide visibility and automation into carrier network performance in order to assure it’s resilience and performance. The teams work with Petabyte scale data that need to detect changes in the network in near real-time.
- You have 10+ years of experience with designing, building and scaling highly available systems.
- You have advanced, inside-out knowledge of multiple programming languages and have expertise with all or some of the following systems Apache Spark, AWS Kinesis, AWS S3, Apache Kafka, ElasticSearch, Zookeeper etc.
- You have experience with near real-time systems and robust extendable micro-services.
- You are passionate about engineering hygiene and operational excellence.
- You are familiar with agile processes, continuous integration, and test automation.
- You are a strategic thinker as it relates to scale and removing humans from the loop.
- You thrive when operating in broad scope, from conception through the continuous operation of 24x7 services to defined SLA’s.
- Can successfully lead teams through very challenging and ambiguous engineering problems into actionable plans.
As Software Architect, you will:
- Lead our architecture design for the building, deploying our systems at Petabyte scale with Trillions of events/week.
- Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers.
- Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers, other Architects, and Tech Leads to ensure the team has clear direction and priorities.
- Act as an ambassador for Twilio, recruiting and motivating top talent.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. Twilio’s Super Network team is responsible for providing and managing the telco connectivity and services that power the Programmable Communications Cloud and Engagement Cloud products. We do this by ensuring the network remains healthy, provides the coverage and capabilities customers require and is operating in a cost-efficient manner.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our new beautiful and well-designed office at Veerenni 38 in Tallinn. You will enjoy our incredible perks: monthly breakfast, twice a week lunch, dinner during our bi-weekly global All Hands and a fully-stocked kitchen with a variety of snacks and beverages. We have many team building events weekly, monthly and of course annual summer days. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook. Do you want to experience all of this with the best people? Join Twilio Tallinn team!
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.