Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a Director, Business Operations & Strategy to join our team based in San Francisco. We are looking for an individual who is motivated by understanding holistic business drivers, working with business partners and senior leadership to determine priority areas of engagement, and rolling up your sleeves to drive key projects to conclusion. You thrive on working with multiple stakeholders across an organization, managing projects by leveraging sound business judgment, solving highly analytical problems, soliciting information from business partners, and synthesizing ideas into compelling work products. We're looking for someone who has experience in both management consulting and hands-on experience working at an established software company.
Analytical rigor and strategic thinking are a requirement, but you must also be excited to get your hands dirty and help implement your recommendations. We are a small team that works together very well and holds each other to a high standard of performance. The idea candidate is an experienced business leader with:
- Thrives at structured strategic thinking, analytical processing, problem-solving, synthesizing ideas, and written and verbal communication.
- Has experience managing projects across a broad number of contributors and stakeholders.
- Can ruthlessly prioritize fast-moving strategic priorities, tackle operational challenges.
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years' of experience in strategy consulting and/or business operations and strategy roles.
As Director of Business Operations & Strategy, you will:
- Partner with and support business owners across functions, working on a range of critical projects and issues – from new growth initiatives and business models, to competitive intelligence, to investment priorities.
- Drive company wide initiatives opening new markets, driving strategic priorities, integrating acquisitions, and managing our companies operations.
- Day to day you will have 1:1 and group conversations with cross functional teams to gather critical information, immerse yourself in data to draw insights from analysis, zoom out to develop compelling, synthesized summaries and deliver recommendations to senior executives and the Board.
- Get the fulfillment of seeing your recommendations come to life, and play an active role in driving implementation and follow-through to see the impact of your work.
- This is a role on a team of senior individual contributors
Twilio’s Business Operations and Strategy team is a small, well-rounded group, who work closely with senior leadership across the company shaping and driving strategic, operational, and organizational improvements across the company. You are at the forefront in helping Twilio clarify fast-moving strategic priorities, tackle operational challenges, and enable growth and innovation.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be located at the following office locations:
- 375 Beale Street, San Francisco, CA 94105
- 889 Winslow St #400 Redwood City, CA 94063
- 1801 California St FL 5, Denver, CO 80202
You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.