Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Director, HR Business Partner to be located in Tallinn, Estonia, but will support other R&D EMEA offices. In this role, you will align business objectives with people strategies, programs, processes and tactics across the applicable functions and geographies. You will coach and partner with employees and managers at all levels, ensuring an exceptional experience through the entire employee lifecycle. You will be an integral part of a growing HRBP team, partnering closely with regional and functional HRBPs and with COEs across the People team.
Twilio is looking for an English-speaking leader with a demonstrated track record of providing business-driven talent strategy, programs and processes. It is important this person has experience partnering across a global HR Business Partner Organization and in the implementation of change processes. We need someone with working knowledge of multiple Human Resource disciplines including organizational design, workforce planning, employee relations, performance acceleration, talent development, compensation, diversity and inclusion, and local employment laws. In this role you:
- Own the R&D HR strategy for our international locations, ensuring that organizational design as well as HR tools and processes are prepared for the dynamic business growth
- In partnership with the relevant COE’s, implement and optimize the Talent acquisition and Talent Management strategy
- Strengthen the positive collaboration with the works council and negotiate all major company agreements
- Provide consultation on HR related topics and procedures for both managers and employees: recruitment, workforce planning, succession planning, performance improvement, facilitate Organisational Changes and team changes, promotions, talent mobility and termination discussions
- Have a hunger for learning and problem solving with a mindset that opportunities to do so are greater in a complex, ambiguous, fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Enjoy deriving insights from data to support decision making and clearly present/ communicate complex ideas
The successful person will be someone who wants to partner with business leaders and across the People team to build a cohesive people programs to staff, onboard, develop, motivate, and retain Twilions. Someone who can really be a champion of Twilio’s culture, values and employee experience by identifying and executing on people programs that empower Twilions to innovate, scale, and grow.
As a Director, HRBP you will:
- Work closely with your business leaders to understand (and eventually contribute to) each team’s current state and desired future state, gaps and priorities needed to achieve business goals
- Serve as a change agent, informed by trending and anticipated people analytics, intimate expertise about your internal customers’ needs and external market intelligence
- Support localised on-boarding of new hires as well as off-boarding
- Build effective working relationships with Centres of Excellence teams, leveraging their support to execute on HR strategy
- Drive the regional implementation of our talent strategy to support accelerated talent growth throughout the employee lifecycle
This is the time to join Twilio as an HRBP. Twilio’s repeated and growing success presents massive near and long-term business opportunity, directly feeding our retentive culture and investments in our people. Our leaders understand the value of HRBPs, giving you a reserved seat at the table with the ability to make immediate impact.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Tallinn, Estonia office. Our perks include catered lunches, snacks, massages, social nights, on-boarding program in San Francisco and a fun supportive work environment. Twilio is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST