Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
At Twilio, product managers are responsible for every aspect of the product. From concept to API design to go-to-market planning to revenue ownership. You will touch every team within Twilio, and have full responsibility and autonomy to grow your products.
You will lead the product requirements required to build and operate real-time, highly-scalable distributed services that must operate at better than five 9s availability, all while the product grows at an exponential growth rate. Working side by side with other product managers and engineering counterparts, you will collaborate to craft and deliver on the vision, strategy, and roadmap for Serverless at Twilio.
- 7+ years in product management in a fast-paced company. You have hustle and know how to knock down barriers to get to your objective.
- You are curious, collaborative, humble and have empathy as a key trait.
- You have a real passion for developer focused products.
- You have significant experience writing code - for fun, college, or work. We are looking for someone with a technical bent to communicate with our engineers and engineering management, as well as our engineering-focused customers. You might not be writing code everyday, but you need to know the difference between a well designed API and one that's not, and have real empathy with our developer customers.
- Great communication skills. You're equally at home on stage presenting to an audience of developers as you are coming up with product requirements. Your best days are the ones where you do both in the same day.
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Excel/Sheets and significant SQL expertise. The best product managers use a combination of data and gut feel, and know how to get the data from multiple systems when needed.
- You are a strategic thinker and thrive operating in broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services.
- We are seeking leaders who have solved complex problems and have the aptitude to navigate uncharted waters.
- Own the roadmap for Serverless products. Be able to communicate both the business and technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Crafting the developer experience for developers building with Serverless products.
- Build the comprehensive roadmap for Serverless products
- Accelerating learning on new products by running workshops, developer previews or betas to gather developer feedback and build a strong perspective on product priorities.
- Help define the future of Serverless at Twilio
Serverless is a growing area of interest across for our customers and the entire cloud platform industry. As part of Twilio's mission to fuel the future of communications, Twilio has made many investments in Serverless products like Twilio Studio and Twilio Functions help our customers get their communications applications to production much faster. This is an opportunity to help drive those products and to drive the
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be located remotely in the US, in our Denver, CO offices or in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.