The Who, What, Why and Where
Do you like working with big data? Do you like using data to drive decisions across the business? If yes, our business intelligence team works closely with leaders across the company from Finance, Product, Sales, Marketing and beyond to drive the business, all using massive amounts of data. In this role, you will see a direct link between your work, company growth, and customer satisfaction, all at global scale. We are looking for a leader who is passionate about solving data problems by building simple solutions and thrives on collaboration.
As a Manager in the business intelligence team, you will lead a team on highly talented data engineers and analysts who deliver company wide analytics via data warehouse platform and services. You will be responsible for leading the team that builds integrations amongst the various business systems, transform data sets, manage the data life cycle and provide trends and insights into our business. You will be advocating and building a self service data driven culture. You will be responsible for executing a company-wide analytics initiatives to consistently leverage data, tools and applications for optimal business processing, adoption of data and critical decision making.
- You have 8+ years of experience in leading and overseeing data initiatives, which require extensive collaboration across various groups and business units
- You have 4+ years of management experience in building high performing data teams
- You have expertise and experience in building and managing data warehouse systems, data models, system integration, etl development, reporting & analysis.
- You have experience working in cloud environments like AWS and related data products
- You have strong knowledge in Redshift, Snowflake or related systems, apache spark or hadoop, python or other programming languages, 3rd party apis and related integrations, reporting tools like Looker, Tableau etc.
- You have experience working in a fast-paced agile environment
- You have experience in hiring and coaching analysts and engineers by focusing on high performance and professional development
- Ability to balance short term tactical decisions with long term strategic thinking
- Demonstrable leadership abilities in changing, ambiguous and challenging situations
- Demonstrable presentation, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, fosters and enables both individuals and teams to excel.
As a Manager on the Business Intelligence team, you will:
- Execute against the prioritized initiatives and align efforts to meet key objectives
- Work with various stakeholders and key business leaders to understand their data needs and provide solutions that will enable them in making informed decisions
- Promote self service analytics culture via use of platforms and services built by BI
- Responsible for managing cross functional projects and timely deliverables
- Responsible for hiring, retaining and mentoring analysts and engineers
- Mentor and coach junior analysts and engineers to grow in their careers
- Provides guidance and strategy to direct reports in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities, and in achieving company initiatives
For the right candidate, this is fun work, leading a team that creates and operates a massive data warehouse based on cutting-edge technologies like Kafka, Spark, Presto, Snowflake, Redshift, Looker and Tableau. The Business Intelligence team builds data ingestion, integration and transformation services using distributed frameworks that allow us to process and analyze large sets of data. In turn, we empower the business to make data-driven decisions at scale.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 101 Spear Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.