Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is the most trusted Customer Engagement Platform. As a company we power the core channels of digital communication - Messaging, Email, Voice, WhatsApp and more.
Come be part of a team that's building a set of ML driven APIs that deliver intelligent recommendations that enable developers to programmatically send the right amount of messages to each recipient’s preferred channel, at the optimal time and perfect cadence.
- Has a minimum seven years of hands-on experience developing large scale Machine Learning (Deep learning, Reinforcement learning, etc) applications.
- Is responsible for modeling and deploying at scale ML solutions, discovering insights, and identifying and effectively communicating opportunities based on technical expertise and business strategy.
- Understands the technical aspects of our products, connect technical work to business strategy, and have the skills to implement, communicate, and influence others.
- Is comfortable working closely with management, other data scientists, analysts, principal engineers, and product management.
- Has a Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or another quantitative discipline
- Personal traits: Curious, Humble
- Professionally: Passionate, Customer-obsessed, Get things done, highly collaborative, have excellent communication, and be very comfortable with rapid change and uncertainty
- You have an in-depth understanding of the algorithmic side of machine learning, proven experience building delivering production-quality models, and demonstrated experience building and managing productive teams to drive machine learning impact in organizations.
- You have familiarity with ML and NLP tools (TensorFlow, spaCy, sci-kit-learn), you drive the architecture of systems, and you are comfortable interfacing with data pipelines and data stores such as Kafka and Spark.
- Proficiency with Python, Jupyter is preferred. We will also consider strong quantitative candidates with a background in other programming languages.
- Experience with working in an agile team environment
Twilio is truly unique; We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
This position will be located in our office at 891 Winslow St, Redwood City, CA. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, ergonomic desks, Friday game time, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 2,300 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, Tallinn, Redwood City, Denver and Irvine
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.