Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking a Product Design Manager to grow, manage, and mentor a team of Product Designers in building incredible experiences that our customers love and value. Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Product Design, within Twilio’s Global UX organization, this position will promote customer advocacy, partner with our cross-functional peers through our proven customer-focused product development practice, build effective working relationships, champion strong team results, and foster a culture where designers are challenged to do their best work.
Twilio is looking for a Product Design Manager who:
- Has 6+ years in a user experience, product design, or a related field; 2+ years of experience as a people manager.
- Has a bachelor’s or master’s degree, ideally in HCI, Human Factors, Information Management, Design, Psychology or Anthropology, or equivalent experience.
- Is an authentic, empathetic, and inspiring leader, dedicated to the growth and success of the people you lead.
- Understands how to manage user experience within a SaaS product company.
- Cares deeply about the customer and has first-hand experience in applying research methodologies such as user interviews, usability testing, card sorting, and journey mapping.
- Has worked with large enough teams to know how to scale product design processes, tools, and the organization of data for optimal sharing and efficiency.
- Has a modern lean approach to design: you believe in iterative cycles of testing and learning and can expertly match fidelity to the current learning objective.
- Is proficient at facilitating meetings with clear purpose, agenda, roles, responsibilities, and action items.
As our Product Design Manager, you will:
- Live by and champion our cultural values.
- Enthusiastically help your team hone their craft of product design. Encourage the sharing of new techniques and tools, showcase best of breed experiences in the market, invest in professional development, and provide regular and timely critique of new designs.
- Be a proud people manager. Identify, hire and engage talented, customer-centric team members. Provide regular, frequent, constructive and direct feedback to help employees excel at their job, craft, and navigate their desired career path. Conduct retrospectives to constantly learn and improve.
- Be a customer advocate. Coach your team on how to best navigate a rigorous, customer-informed process to identify and prioritize customer problems and rapidly validate solutions. Be a passionately vocal advocate for the Twilio Customer through all stages of research, design, development, and go-to-market activities.
- Uphold and evolve our brand, Design System, and Style Guide. Maintain an extremely high bar for quality and consistency.
- Be arm-in-arm with your departmental peers. Communicate and connect with your peers in UX, Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing in order to share learnings, align priorities, and identify opportunities for improvements to process or people.
The UX team at Twilio is a close-knit, collaborative group, who cares deeply about building trust with our customers and solving their problems. We work closely with product and engineering leadership to guide product strategy.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California Street, in Denver, CO. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, ergonomic desks, and more. You will also get to experience is a company that seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.