Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is seeking a Senior Internal Auditor, to join our Internal Audit (IA) organization in Denver as we scale for current and future growth and carry out the overall IA mission. We strive for an effective and efficient control environment. We are looking for an individual excited to bring their strong SOX, internal audit and risk assessment skills to a collaborative team-based working environment in a fast growing company.
Twilio’s Internal Audit team is a small, well-rounded group, who work closely with each other and leaders across the various groups within the company. You will be a critical part of the IA and will be successful if you have the following:
- Deep understanding of risk and internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions, including audit procedures/techniques
- Deep understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements, internal auditing standards, COSO and risk assessment practices
- The ability to work independently and as a team, with limited required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit project team members
- Strong project and time management and experience in performing multiple projects and working with varying team members
- Demonstrated data analytics experience with software and tools (ACL, IDEA, Tableau)
- Knowledge of IT general controls and IT application controls
- Nimble and flexible navigating ambiguity, managing and coordinating multiple project assignments and multiple teams simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to take charge, has confidence to interact with all levels, can set objectives, will drive results and is a team player, excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with teams cross-functionally
- B.S. / B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance or Business required
- CPA or CIA designation a plus
- 3-5+ years of public accounting experience with Big 4
- 2-3 years private industry experience with knowledge of accounting, finance and internal control areas
The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for performing individual internal audit projects, as part of the internal audit plan. As the Senior Internal Auditor, you will:
- Participate in internal audit and SOX risk assessment, planning and audit scope development
- Develop internal audit scope, performing internal audit procedures, and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed
- Manage and perform internal control related audits such as SOX, operational, compliance and financial internal audits
- Develop practical, innovative and feasible recommendations to remediate internal audit and SOX findings
- Follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit findings
- Assist Internal Audit management with periodic reporting to the Audit Committee, and championing internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout the business
- Guide and review the work performed by other internal audit personnel, including resources from the co-sourcing firm.
- Complete certain external audit assistance assignments of internal control and SOX testing accurately, completely and in a timely manner.
- Prepare working papers to document your testing of key internal controls in accordance with departmental and professional internal audit standards
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California St in Denver, CO. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.