Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is looking for a Director of Global Employee Experience to lead our dedicated Employee Experience team. Reporting to our Chief People Officer, this critical role will partner closely with Benefits, Wellness, Facilities and across the People team to drive an amazing employee experience at scale.. aThe People Team is instrumental in shaping Twilio’s culture and organizational habits, in upholding and ingraining the Twilio Magic globally, and in helping to provide an exceptional, inclusive and welcoming experience for all Twilions.
Our goal is to enable a working experience where people can work better together, by intersecting the Twilio culture, enabling technologies, modern workplace practices and purpose-built space. We are building the workplace of tomorrow and the Director of Employee Experience is a visionary in bringing this reality to life. We are looking for someone with an ingrained passion regarding the daily experience of your fellow colleagues.You are also right for this role if you have:
- Outstanding people leadership skills in hiring, orchestrating and developing talent and an ability to build credibility at all levels of the organization
- Excellent problem-solving and solutions-oriented capabilities and judgment; ability to make sound decisions considering all appropriate sources of input
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design and communicate clear processes, and a detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Outrageous creativity – thinking beyond the current state, dedicated to improvement through the eyes of colleagues
- Inherently curious with an entrenched sense of “what could be”
- Impeccable discretion when handling sensitive and confidential information
- Strong bias for action and not afraid to “roll up your sleeves”
At Twilio, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, genders, beliefs, religions, ages and all people. We depend on the unique approach of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Twilio is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact - and this role is instrumental in helping us achieve that mission. Here are some other areas you’ll be driving:
- Vision & Employee Experience: Create a vision to shape programs and processes to design an amazing professional collection of “moments that matter” across the employee journey.
- Team Growth and Development: Hire, develop, and lead a high performing Employee Experience Team that is forward thinking, proactive and designing for our future experience.
- Scale Our Culture: Champion, role model, and embed the Twilio Magic culture across employee experience as we scale globally and across new offices.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Work closely with the C&I team to drive best practices and outcomes for diversity & inclusion across the candidate & employee experience. Support initiatives that create a place where all can belong.
- Cultivate great experiences to inspire good. Dream big, be bold, and curate experiences in the workplace that will make Twilio employees feel valuable, part of the community and a champion for our customers – including celebrating successes large and small, local and abroad.
- Transform the way employees work to drive collaboration, innovation, productivity, and deliver a great customer experience starting with an exceptional remote, global and inter-connected experience across the Twilio footprint.
- Launch New Programs: As Twilio is constantly evolving, evaluate and partner to execute on new people programs with social impact, perks, benefits, recognition, wellness, Talent Management & Acquisition and all intersections of the Employee Experience.
- Drive people-focused practices that will empower our workforce, break down silos and work towards our common focus – delighting our customers/developers.
- Be the Employee Experience Voice for the company, inspiring Twilions to act as brand ambassadors
- Work to support key HR teams that influence employee experience globally.
Through our hypergrowth, the Employee Experience team imagines and creates programs for each new stage of the company. As Twilio looks to add over 1000 people to a global population this year, it’s a business challenge that comes once in a career. Come and help us continue to build our amazing culture and employee experience where all Twilions feel appreciated, valued and can not only bring their authentic-self to work every day, but we also celebrate your authentic, unique perspective and contribution every day.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We are flexible with our location; we are far more interested in you, your skills and your passion for creating a legendary Employee Experience. Our SF office is located at 101 Spear Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.