Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Technical Support Engineer to onboard new customers quickly and resolve all questions and issues they might have via both email as well as video calls. You will be a key bridge between customers using Flex and our product design & engineering that is developing it. In this role, you will be also responsible for helping customers understand how the product works in detail and make sure all this is captured accurately in our documentation and training materials. This position is critical to ensure that our customers get the best results from the Twilio products that they use and will ensure that they feel supported when issues arise.
Twilio is looking for a person with a demonstrated track record of supporting customers from small business to enterprises through any communication channel
- Advanced experience with business intelligence tools such as GoodData, Tableau, Looker etc. including custom queries and complex metrics building
- Ability to reproduce customer issues in order to resolve them, create scripts and use a variety of Twilio and 3rd party APIs
- 2+ years working in a customer-facing support role with strong attitude of owning customer issues and relentless focus on their prompt resolution
- Experience with data analysis using spreadsheets and associated tools (i.e. Pivot tables, charts, etc).
- Basic documentation writing skills
As Senior Technical Support Engineer for Flex WFO, you will:
- Help customers build metrics, reports, and dashboards that address their needs and help them extract actionable business insights
- Create and edit documentation articles describing the product functionality and best practices
- Help create training content for customers to be able to start using the product faster
- Ensure that the Support Team is prepared to support new product releases and work with them to identify and address skill and knowledge gaps
- Provide a second tier of support in addressing complex customer issues and will share your expertise in these situations by coaching as needed
- Work with our Product Engineering Team to provide Design for Supportability input to ensure that our products have the right level of self-service tools for our customers and the right diagnostic tooling for our Support Team
- Share customer feedback and share pain points with the Product Engineering Team through regular meetings and reports, using data to show why we need their help and assisting them in prioritization
- Work within the Product Support Specialist Team to foster best-known methods and best practices to help elevate the team and standardize excellence. You are relentless in the pursuit of improvements while at the same time valuing progress over perfection
- Own customer issues end to end and actively work with your colleagues in Twilio in resolving them
- Travel required up to 5% of the time for regional training and trips to HQ.
This is a critical role in Twilio. With the growth, we are experiencing, we need to make sure our customers love the products and services we are using and we can fix what's broken very quickly. That is why this person needs to be located in our Prague office, in between the product managers and engineers who are creating the product to perfectly understand it but also provide direct feedback from customers about what can be improved or made easier to understand.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our recently opened office in Prague, Karlin. You will enjoy our office perks: high-end office with sufficient room to work, meet & relax, video-equipped meeting rooms, catered meals, snacks, drinks & ping pong :) What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.