Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where, and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Contracts Manager to join our growing legal team in London. You will be responsible for partnering with Twilio’s Go-to-Market teams and other key stakeholders to manage large volumes of deals through review, negotiation and signing. You will be required to give ad-hoc legal advice on various issues and to take ownership leading projects on process improvement.
We are looking for a talented and creative person who is passionate about work, savvy about contract negotiations and closing deals. You must have outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to advocate for a position while maintaining collaborative and open-minded approach. You should be someone who is a champion of streamlining processes and sees projects through to completion. We are looking for someone who enjoys and thrives in a fast-paced environment, with zealous attention to detail, good judgment, and is dedicated to providing excellent customer service. As part of the role you will also be expected to suggest and implement improvements to make the contracting process more efficient across the company. You will champion Twilio’s mission, ethics and integrity by ensuring that Twilio’s compliance policies are in practice and protect the company from risk. Ensuring that Twilio complies with all applicable local laws and regulations, and are in line with Twilio’s values.
We seek someone with:
- Strong academic credentials or similar suitable experience.
- At least 10 years or more experience with commercial contracts, supporting a sales organization.
- Experience with contract management tools such as DocuSign, Salesforce (including Apttus) and JIRA systems.
- Ability to structure, draft and negotiate a high volume and broad range of contracts, including master service agreements, order forms, licensing and professional services agreements and NDA’s.
- Dedication to superior customer service.
As a senior Contract Manager, you will:
- Draft, review, negotiate and manage a wide range of legal agreements including to ensure adherence to company policy, regulatory requirements, and conformance to our templates.
- Help build and maintain our commercial contracting tools and processes, including maintaining our contracts management system.
- Advise Twilio’s internal clients on contract interpretation and negotiation and assist with periodic updates and modifications of terms and policies.
- Educate and train non-legal colleagues with respect to our commercial contracting tools and processes to ensure smooth and timely turnaround of contract review requests.
- Provide quick-thinking, business-oriented advice and to properly balance risks and business reward.
- Suggest and implement improvements to make the contracting process more efficient across the company.
Twilio’s legal team prides itself on the trust it has built across the business through consistently providing practical and sound legal advice. Your unique skill set and experience are critical to help support our thriving and growing business and reinforce the trust and partnership we have cultivated with teams across the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be in our beautiful, new and expanding London office in Soho. You will enjoy our office perks: free lunch twice a week, snacks, massages, board games, along with our bi-weekly global All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.