Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Benefits Analyst, to manage our global leave accommodations. You will manage all administrative aspects of leaves in the United States and our global sites, working with cross functional partners to enhance and optimize the employee leave experience.
Twilio is looking for a strong analyst who will bring a skillset of effective and influential customer service, business partnering, and strong communication skills..The ideal candidate will have experience:
- You will document current and create future leave, disability, and wage replacement processes
- You will create digestible leave communication pieces for employees, managers and HR Business Partners
- You will educate, counsel and notify managers and HR Business Partners about specific employee leaves of absence and worker’s comp events
- You will own compliance for leaves including worker’s compensation, accommodations or any other leave benefit
- You will implement Voluntary Disability Insurance for the company and manage the roll out and training for our partners in close partnership with our US Payroll team.
- You will collaborate and partner with Employment Relations and internal Employment Counsel to ensure alignment and compliance with local labor laws
As Sr. Benefits Analyst, you will have:
- 3+ years of experience with:
- Employer obligations with various State and Federal leave laws (CFRA, FMLA, ADA)
- Reading/interpreting disability plans and explain coverage and benefits
- Writing process documents, updating policy documents and employee communications
- Resolving employee/manager inquiries around leave and time off plans, disability plans, return to work, reasonable accommodation, including complicated scenarios and escalated issues
- Experience with implementation of external vendors
- Experience with file integrations and error review processes
- Experience administering and/or implementing a Voluntary Disability Insurance (VDI)
- Human Capital Management software (Workday experience preferred)
- Travel to San Francisco headquarters may be required once per quarter
The Total Rewards team is central to Twilio’s relevancy as employer of choice. In leading all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and analyzing our benefit programs, we want to ensure that we attract, reward, and retain the best and brightest Twilions and future Twilions.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California Street in Denver. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.