Director of Infrastructure Security
San Francisco, CA
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
- 5+ years of experience managing a team in a security organization.
- 7+ years of experience implementing and managing enterprise and cloud security tools and controls.
- Experience developing roadmaps for deploying security solutions in an enterprise or cloud environment at scale.
- Experience solving security issues in networks and systems based on cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure) and traditional enterprise environments (IT, endpoints, business apps)
- Experience with container security & orchestration is a plus.
- You will get to work collaboratively with engineering teams as the subject matter expert in security.
- You will identify risks and come up with plans on how to make different types of infrastructures and endpoints more secure.
- You will get to influence teams to think about security in what they do.
- You will get to work with AWS Google Cloud, Legacy Communications Services, and 3g/4g technologies.
- You will be helping more junior team members by mentoring them, providing guidance, and positively influencing their careers (and their knowledge may influence yours!).
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. As a Cloud Security Manager your teams work and designs will be critical in positioning ourselves as the most trusted brand in communications and in major customer reviews, as security continues to rise in what they value from a provider. Our wide-ranging use of communications of technology and cloud controls also offers excellent opportunities for research, the team regularly speaks at conferences around the world on these issues.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.