Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
- 9+ years of technical product marketing & brand strategy experience
- Three core attributes needed for this role - a strong business acumen, creativity in communication, and the ability to operate at scale.
- You think critically, creatively and objectively. You use metrics and analysis to drive informed business decisions and define differentiated product positioning.
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity and minimal guidance - be an owner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to influence others to deliver results.
- A background in the nonprofit sector is not a requirement but is a bonus. Passionate about leveraging technology to do good in the world is required.
- Lead full-breadth marketing strategy and execution to drive growth of revenue and social impact through our nonprofit customers.
- Grow and manage a high performing marketing team in a positive work environment to lead the strategy and execution of core marketing programs to include: market analysis, product pricing, and positioning, demand & lead generation, channel marketing, content, and field marketing.
- Lead Twilio.org’s brand narrative and strategy to establish Twilio as the world’s most trusted platform for communications.
- Work cross-functionally with teams inside Twilio (Product, Sales, Marketing, Alliances) and influence decision making with senior-level audiences in driving GTM strategy and tactics to drive brand awareness and product adoption in the nonprofit sector.
- Oversee market and competitive analysis of Twilio products in key nonprofit markets.
Twilio is transforming the way the largest companies in the world communicate by empowering developers to build any customer experience they can imagine on a scalable, trusted and flexible platform. The Director of Product Marketing & Brand will play an integral role in driving exponential growth by taking Twilio products to global nonprofit markets through effective market analysis, product & brand positioning.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.