Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking an Architect who is passionate about leading cross-functional R&D teams. Flex, the first fully programmable cloud contact center, is a platform product that integrates both native Twilio services and well as serving up a pluggable infrastructure that allows partners and customers to extend and customize the platform for their unique needs. This role will serve as the Architect across the global Flex R&D organization driving product architecture, reducing information silos across the org to improve decision making, and coordinating with other engineering teams to ensure seamless integration with other twilio services.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record of leading cross-functional R&D teams. We seek someone with:
- Have a track record of designing and building large-scale, cloud-based, highly available software platforms.
- Are an API first developer who understands the power of platforms.
- Are passionate about enabling other developers through your leadership and driving teams to efficient decisions.
- Have the ability to balance long-term objectives with urgent short-term needs.
- Can successfully lead teams through very challenging engineering problems.
- Domain Expertise in one or more of: Data pipelines and workflow, contact center technologies, identity management.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field or equivalent experience.
You’ll bring your deep experience with distributed systems and platform engineering principles to the table. You are passionate about operational excellence and know how to build software that delivers it. You are able to think at scale, define, and meet stringent availability and performance SLAs while ensuring quality and resiliency challenges across our diverse product and tech stacks are addressed.
A successful day means you have:
- Worked with your team providing engineering leadership and ensuring your resources are solving the most critical engineering problems, while ensuring your products are scalable, performant, and highly available.
- Focused on delivering the highest quality of services, and you support your team as they push production code that impacts hundreds of Twilio customers.
- Spent time with engineering managers and developers to create and deliver critical new products and/or features that empower them to introduce change with quality and speed.
- Made sure to connect with your team, both onsite and remote, to ensure they are delivering on engineering and operational excellence.
The Flex product is central to Twilio's vision to serve the developer community. It is the contact center platform of the future, enabling customers to have a fully customizable contact center solution. We serve both enterprise customers as well as the developers that work to customize their Flex solution.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.