Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking an experienced Procurement Specialist to join our fast-growing company and will report to our Procurement Director. The Procurement Specialist role will be supporting international business owners and managing international procurement activity. This role will be responsible for educating and ensuring that international colleagues understand our global procurement processes and policies. This role will support their procurement activity from vendor onboarding through the purchase requisition and purchase order process. The procurement specialist will also be responsible for training new users and supporting on-going procurement department responsibilities. This role will be an individual contributor who must be comfortable and perform well in a very fast-paced, tech environment. The procurement specialist will have strong attention to detail, is well organized and analytical. This position will need to collaborate frequently with colleagues across all departments and geographies and will require strong interpersonal and communication skills. A dedication to providing excellent customer service is a must.
Twilio is looking for a Procurement Specialist with:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience; 3-5 years procurement experience
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Coupa and NetSuite a plus
As the Procurement Specialist you will:
- Be the main Procurement contact for all Twilio’s International Procurement activity
- Educate and support colleagues on company global procure to pay (P2P) processes and policies
- Work with internal business partners to provide guidance and help streamline their procurement activities.
- Review purchase requisitions (PRs) and purchase orders (POs) to ensure accuracy and that supporting documentation is provided.
- Reassign PO's for departed employees and recode PO's for GL acct / dept / project code changes.
- Work closely with accounts payable, FP&A and business partners to answer question and resolve procurement related issues.
- Manage the quarterly PO close process.
- Train new users on process and systems.
- Manage the vendor onboarding process for Twilio’s international subsidiaries.
- Assist with the implementation of new systems or tools managed by the Procurement Department (Procure to Pay, Contract Management, Travel etc.)
- Field travel questions for international colleagues
- Support ad-hoc projects as required.
The Procurement team is central to Twilio’s procure to pay compliance infrastructure. Our team is the hub for all things Procurement and vendor related. We onboard and manage vendors, review and approve contracts and manage the purchase requisition to purchase order process. We help our business partners do their jobs while protecting Twilio contractually and financially. The systems we implement and the processes and policies that we create, are the foundation for a scalable global procurement function that will support Twilio through the years to come.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our Dublin, Ireland office. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.