Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to serve as its first public policy representative located outside the United States. In this critical role, you will work closely with other members of Twilio’s Global Public Policy and Legal teams, as well as its business units, to represent and advance Twilio’s interests with EU institutions in Brussels and with telecommunications regulators in key Member States. You will report to the Vice President, Global Public Policy and Government Affairs, who is based in Washington, D.C.
Twilio is looking for an experienced public policy professional to represent and advance its interests in Brussels and key member states.
- You will have at least 10 years of experience advising and representing telecommunications companies at the EU institutions in Brussels and with telecommunications regulators in key Member States. Prior work experience within one or more of the institutions is a plus. Extensive EU telecommunications policy experience preferred.
- You will have a thorough understanding of the EU policymaking process and experience in devising and executing advocacy strategies at the EU and Member State level.
- You will have a significant understanding of telecommunications regulatory and policy concepts, including such topics as interconnection, access to numbering resources, and telecommunications regulatory classifications, and an understanding of how topics such as privacy, cybersecurity, and AI apply to the telecom ecosystem.
- You preferably will have a law degree or an equivalent advanced degree in a related field or equivalent experience as highlighted.
- You will have full professional proficiency in English and ideally either German or French.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills; a demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively; a preference to work as a team player; and an ability to manage a large number of projects, working independently, with colleagues distributed globally.
As Director, EU Public Policy, you will:
- Coordinate closely with the Global Public Policy Team and Twilio business units to develop a thorough understanding of current and future company business objectives.
- Work closely with Twilio’s regulatory compliance team to understand current compliance requirements and regulatory trends in key Member States.
- Monitor and anticipate new telecommunications regulatory requirements and technology policy developments in key Member States and Brussels and keep key Twilio stakeholders, especially Super Network, informed about such developments and trends.
- Play a central role in devising and executing action plans to ensure that Twilio’s interests are taken into account in important telecommunications regulatory proceedings in key Member States and in Brussels.
- Coordinate the development and submission of company filings in telecommunications policy proceedings in Member States and Brussels as appropriate.
- Cultivate relationships with and advance Twilio’s policy priorities directly with key senior-level officials in the European Commission, the European Parliament, Member States telecommunications regulatory authorities and other relevant ministries.
- Build coalitions with key policy stakeholders in Brussels and the Member States, including companies, trade associations, and civil society groups.
- Undertake initiatives to raise Twilio’s profile within the EU and communicate how Twilio is serving as an engine of economic innovation throughout Europe through panel presentations, event sponsorship, conference attendance, and similar endeavors.
- Be able to travel internationally as needed, primarily within the EU.
The Global Public Policy team serves as the “strategic headlights” for the company: understanding and anticipating regulatory and policy developments and working to ensure that Twilio’s business interests are accommodated within that evolving landscape. We work closely with all company business units and senior leadership, and serve as the company’s principal advocates to policymakers and regulators around the world.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communications in order to build better applications. In this vital role, you will work to ensure the policy environment remains conducive to Twilio pursuing its central mission: transforming how companies communicate with their customers.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We envision you being based in London, Amsterdam, or Dublin. But, wherever you are, you will still enjoy our incredible perks: free Kindle when you build your Twilio app, monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, unlimited paid time off, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.