Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
What is Twilio? Simply put, Twilio is a developer platform for communications. Software teams use our API’s to add capabilities like voice, video, and messaging to their applications. This enables businesses to provide the right communications experience for their customers. You can learn more about Twilio here
We are looking for an Associate Solutions Engineer to join our team in London.
A Solutions Engineer works in tandem with our Account Executives when presenting our solutions to customers. The Twilio Solutions Engineering team is responsible for delivering the technical win and product fit at customer accounts. They build customer trust in Twilio solutions, which results in customer success in the post-sale.
As an Associate Solutions Engineer, you will work with customers to uncover the business issues and technical challenges that they have. You will learn how to translate and demonstrate how the features and capabilities of Twilio’s solutions directly address these issues and challenges. You will build customer trust in Twilio solutions, which results in customer success in the post-sale. You will lead the technical pre-sales relationship, proposes technical architectures, demonstrates the product, anticipates concerns, and offers creative solutions.
If you have recently graduated from a third level institute majoring in Computer Science or similar or relevant experience and have hands on experience with some of the following tools we want to hear from you:
- Backend (Java, C#, Node.js, Python, PHP)
- Any experience with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure)
- Some experience building with REST APIs is beneficial
As well as the above, you have the following experience and possess the following traits:
- Some customer facing experience- (did you hold a part-time or full-time job during your studies where you interacted with customers regularly?- welcoming and assisting customers in their requests, taking their orders, providing exceptional customer service? If so, that counts!)
- Solid communication skills- both written and verbal
- Open and willing to learn new things (every day!)
- A team player with a collaborative mindset
As an Associate Twilio Solutions Engineer, you will get to live our values every day.
Draw the owl
- Learn how to build and present product demos to help showcase what a Twilio product can do
- Assist customers with Pilot and Proof-of-Concept implementations
- Never stop learning new products and new technologies
- Build trusted advisor relationships with customers
Wear the Customer’s Shoes
- Form a deep understanding of customer businesses and their problems
- With the Solutions Engineering team, work on RFPs / customer’s technical requirements
- Work alongside Twilio Account Executives through the pre-sales process, to strategize and plan for deal success
- Learning from the best, help educate and mentor customers, partners, and colleagues on what’s possible with Twilio
- Present creative new solutions that enable and inspire innovation
- Learn to build demos and proof of concepts to demonstrate various use cases for Twilio's APIs
Write it down
- Create technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or best practices for new technologies
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to Product Management, Engineering, Marketing and Sales
In Europe, we have built a strong business and the region operates with the tenacity and focus of a startup within Twilio. Solutions Engineers play a major role in Twilio’s sales organization and are critical to our company’s success.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unrivaled; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience.
We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in employees dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position is based out of our beautiful office in Soho Square, London W1D 3QB. You will enjoy our incredible perks: game area, snacks, ergonomic sit-stand desks, and more. You will get to experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.