Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior HR Business Partner located in San Francisco to support our R&D organization. In this role, you will align business objectives with people strategies, programs, processes and tactics across the applicable functions and geographies. You will coach and partner with employees and managers at all levels, ensuring an exceptional experience through the entire employee lifecycle. You will be an integral part of a growing HRBP team, partnering closely with regional and functional HRBPs and with COEs across the People team.
Twilio is looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record of providing business-driven talent strategy, programs and processes. We are looking for someone who:
- Has working knowledge of multiple Human Resource disciplines including organizational design, workforce planning, employee relations, performance acceleration, talent development, compensation, diversity and inclusion, and local employment laws
- Has experience partnering across a global HR Business Partner Organization and in the implementation of process changes
- Demonstrates exceptional interpersonal, communication and coaching skills with a proven ability to develop trusting relationships and influence at all levels within the organization to achieve business results
- Has a hunger for learning and problem solving, understanding that this is needed even more in a complex, ambiguous, fast-paced and ever-changing environment like Twilio.
- Has experience deriving insights from data to support decision making and clearly present/ communicate complex ideas
- Has 5+ years HR experience with at least 2 of those years as an HR Business Partner.
- Has 2+ years experience with a global, high growth organization.
- Is willing to travel
As a Senior HR Business Partner you will:
- Be accountable for specific R&D businesses, helping them achieve their goals and objects through a solid people strategy.
- Partner directly with the General Managers and/or top leadership within your accountable business units as the HR knowledge expert.
- Build the HR strategy that is relevant for each of your accountable businesses, ensuring that organizational design as well as HR tools and processes are prepared for the dynamic business growth
- Build effective working relationships with Centres of Excellence (COE) teams, leveraging their support to execute on HR strategy
- Ensure that Twilio adheres to labor law guidelines, regulations and standards
- Work closely with your business leaders to understand (and eventually contribute to) each team’s current state and desired future state, gaps and priorities needed to achieve business goals
- Provide consultation on HR related topics and procedures for both managers and employees, including: recruitment, workforce planning, succession planning, performance improvement, organisational changes, team changes, promotions, talent mobility and terminations.
- Be a champion of Twilio’s culture, values and employee experience by identifying and executing on people programs that empower Twilions to innovate, scale, and grow
- Partner with your business leaders and across the People team to build cohesive people programs to staff, onboard, develop, motivate, and retain Twilions
- Serve as a change agent, informed by trending and anticipated people analytics, intimate expertise about your internal customers’ needs and external market intelligence
This position will be located in our San Francisco office. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
This is the time to join Twilio as an HRBP. Twilio’s repeated and growing success presents massive near and long-term business opportunity, directly feeding our retentive culture and investments in our people. Our leaders understand the value of HRBPs, giving you a reserved seat at the table with the ability to make an immediate impact.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,300 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Sydney, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST