Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a talented and technical Product Manager to join our Technology Platform organization. Our organization provides Twilio developers with compelling, continuously improving, cloud-scale development platforms–freeing our developers to focus solely on their products and their customers. If you are deeply passionate about enabling developers, and love solving complex infrastructure problems with software, you are probably a great fit for our team.
- 3-5 years experience as a Product Manager in a fast-paced company focused on delivering software.
- Led new software features and/or new software products from ideation through GA/launch in an Agile environment.
- Passionate about delivering software platforms that enable engineers.
- Possess strong technical acumen–you can code and can communicate effectively with engineers and architects.
- Deep experience with continuous integration and deployment to Cloud Computing Platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- Experience with Containerization solutions (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Service Mesh solutions (Envoy, Istio)
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Solid communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate your point of view.
- You are curious, empathetic, and have a good sense of humor.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science required, or equivalent experience.
As a Product Manager on the Technology Platform team, you will be expected to:
- Own and execute the roadmap for your products–communicate both the business value and the technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Seek out and gather our engineers’ needs–translate and synthesize them into actionable products/product requirements.
- Create detailed product specifications to illustrate product functionality including business rules, flows and use cases.
- Maintain laser focus on MVPs, iterative product development, and releasing immediate/tangible value to developers–learn and adjust frequently.
- Participate in Agile/Scrum teams– assist team in planning and execution of sprints, epic and story backlog refinement, and related operating mechanisms.
- Identify necessary reports, metrics, and analysis to measure the effectiveness and validate the success of completed projects.
- Manage project plans for on-time development and release–ensure that engineering is working on the right things at the right time.
- Accelerate learning on new products by running workshops, developer previews or betas to gather developer feedback and build a strong perspective on product priorities.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication - ensure that complex ideas, thoughts, and vision can be communicated simply and effectively. You are expected to thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern, contextual communications in order to build better applications that engage users when, where, and how the prefer. The Technology Platform organization is central to Twilio's ability to rapidly deliver value to our both our developers and customers. We work closely with senior leadership and every Twilio product engineering team to deliver software capabilities that free our developers to focus on their products and their customers. Our vision is to create a competitive advantage by empowering Twilio to deliver trustworthy products faster than our competitors.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.