Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio.org’s Senior Sales Manager of Social Impact Accounts will lead, mentor, and scale a high performing team of full-cycle sales executives focussed on closing deals to grow revenue and impact with the world’s leading social enterprise and nonprofit organizations.
- You are customer focused, metrics driven, embrace a consultative sales philosophy, and are relentless about your teams’ success.
- Our customers are social change leaders spanning diverse areas of expertise from global health to local community organizing and roles including technical leaders, fundraisers, program managers, application developers, communication experts, and nonprofit executives. You must love talking to all types of customers about helping them achieve their mission by driving confidence and innovation across many different types of communication use cases.
- You will support your team by helping them build and progress pipeline, work across functions (Sales, Finance, Legal, Marketing, Product, Super Network) to execute complex deals and lead strategic prospect and customer meetings.
- The ideal candidate is passionate about serving nonprofit and social impact organizations through sustainable revenue models that maximize impact with social change organizations.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of an overlay sales team with 5 & growing individual contributors
- Conduct weekly 1:1's with each team member, provide tactical deal guidance, on the job training, strategic deal coaching, motivation and career development.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date CRM data for your team and provide reliable weekly forecast to upper management and other reports that provide a clear understanding of Twilio's social impact business.
- Identify and work cross functionally to mitigate inefficiencies in team systems and processes.
- Have at least 4 years experience in managing a team of account executives with demonstrable examples of scaling the team while achieving increased sales effectiveness. Experience with team-based sales overlay sales a plus.
- Developed sales market coverage models to expand market reach and depth
- Developed sales plays and helped to define go-to-market models
- Track record of leading and building high-performing sales teams and understand how to lead your team to deliver more than they may think is possible.
- Analytical and detail oriented. You can collect data from disparate sources and quickly make decisions about next steps in the sales process. You are comfortable making data-driven decisions.
- You are a tech-savvy "people" person who learns fast and thinks on your feet. You love working with real customers--listening to them and solving real world problems.
- Ready to roll up your sleeves to get stuff done, doing whatever it takes to retain and delight a customer.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.