Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a highly skilled Engineer for the Messaging Postflight team. You will work directly with the technical lead and other engineers, and interact with many internal teams who use Twilio’s Data Platform. This position is crucial in ensuring Twilio has a secure, reliable, scalable and performant data platform.
Twilio's Messaging Postflight team is looking for a strong Java/Scala Engineer to scale and operate a platform of powerful, scalable, reliable and high performance data services and infrastructure to keep up with our rapid growth and the increasing demands of our product team, and external customers.
You should be a skilled Software Engineer with the following qualifications:
- Coding. Expert level coding skills with Java/Scala. Your first instinct to a problem is to solve using code and automate manual steps.
- Architecture/Design. You have a strong understanding of distributed systems and experience of developing on at least one of them.
- Database. In-depth understanding and hands-on experience working with relational databases such as MySQL/Postgres/Oracle. Experience working with a NoSQL technology is a big plus.
- Cloud. Hands-on in at least one cloud platform: GCC, AWS, or Azure.
- Education. Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field is a minimum requirement.
Additionally, you have:
-Bachelors/Masters degree required, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 2+ years of practical experience in software development and distributed systems.
A great day would look like designing and developing elegant and highly scalable solutions to problems of managing multi terabytes of data, fronted with a highly available and responsive Rest API guaranteeing 99.999% SLA.
- You will work within a team to contribute towards breaking down of a problem and design solutions.
- Implement the solutions using your deep Java/Scala/Python understanding and experience.
- Put into practice, fundamentals of distributed systems, to design new systems and keep the existing systems based on Kafka/S3/MySQL humming.
- Drive quality by writing unit tests, functional tests, and performance tests in a continuous delivery environment.
- Support development operations, building, releasing and assisting with team on-call. Teams will be small and empowered so that you can move fast and ship to production multiple times in a 2 week sprint
- You will have great opportunities to learn from highly experienced colleagues and get exposure to several Bigdata technologies, to shape your career.
Twilio ‘s messaging platform enables companies to integrate omni channels communications directly into their applications via simple cloud APIs and with on-demand global reach. Messaging team’s vision is to build our next generation Messaging platform with new software products to add intelligence and solve use case based problems for our customers, and integrations with new forms of communication, starting with Chat applications (such as Messenger, iMessage, RCS, WhatsApp) and digital assistants (such as Alexa).
Twilio ‘s messaging platform enables companies to integrate omni channels communications directly into their applications via simple cloud APIs and with on-demand global reach. Twilio is therefore challenged with abstracting away a world of complexity so that our customers can go global without concern for managing a global communications network, carrier integrations and relationships throughout the world.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You should expect the normal perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, etc. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, we know this is a marathon not a sprint; that builds an inclusive culture where we want all of our people to be comfortable and thrive. We seek out people who live by our values , who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.