Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio Global is growing rapidly and we are seeking to add a Senior Technical Support Engineer in our Tokyo office.
You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners and function as a subject matter expert for Twilio’s powerful API products.
Twilio is looking for a team player with a demonstrated track record of providing world-class customer experience to technical audience. We seek someone with:
- 3-5 years experience in a client-facing technical role, preferably in supporting REST API or enterprise software
- A firm understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem.
- Solid understanding of computer networking.
- Strong desire to deliver positive customer experiences by identifying their problems and guiding them through complex technical solutions.
- Ability to professionally and diplomatically address customer concerns and provide concise feedback.
- Good reading comprehension, listening, and writing skills in English.
- Previous experience building or supporting applications on Twilio is a huge plus
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- be part of our APAC Support team providing product and technical assistance to our customers. You will interact daily with your teammates in Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia.
- Provide support and conduct effective troubleshooting on a dozen of cases daily via email, phone and our ticketing system Zendesk.
- Help customers understand the finer points of Twilio capabilities and influence them to implement best practices.
- Interact, collaborate and network with other departments in Twilio in your search for solutions that best fit our customers need.
- Work cross functionally with Engineering, Product Management and Sales. Sometimes you will work with similar cross-functional teams from partner organizations.
- Help us understand customer trends, documenting and reporting what you observe to the management team in order to better improve our support process.
- Willing to perform shifts
Twilio Support is unlike no others. We not only provide technical support but also world-class hospitality to our customers. We wear our customers’ shoes every day and make sure the customers’ voice is heard by our Product and Engineering team.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. We only succeed at Twilio when our customers succeed. An outstanding customer experience with both our products and our service is an integral part of why customers choose Twilio, and your role is critical in ensuring the success here.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful WeWork co-working space in Yotsuya, Tokyo. You will enjoy our incredible perks: snacks, weekly team lunch, daily community events, vibrant co-working space filled with multinational companies / startups / entrepreneurs / freelancers, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 2,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance