Twilio SendGrid is a dynamic, hyper growth company looking for a highly talented Data Warehouse Engineer to join our Enterprise Data Warehouse team! The Data Warehouse Engineer is a technical resource within the organization, and fulfills a role in providing technical leadership to ETL and BI Engineers on the team. The Principal ETL Engineer should also have extensive technical knowledge and experience in multiple core technology areas and integration, along with strong planning and analytical skills.
What You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our cultural values of the Twilio Magic
- Develop and use business knowledge to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and develop detailed requirements from high-level information.
- Maintain a structure for business information, understand current and emerging technologies, and align applications with business priorities.
- Define standards, structures, and techniques for capturing data from sources, cleansing, and integrating data.
- Enable the enterprise to develop a shared, distributed, consistent data resource -- consists of data models and databases that serve all participants in the enterprise business environment and the strategies, standards, policies required to develop and implement them.
- Support business processes, provides automated solutions, manages information storage and retrieval, links the Data and Business architecture.
- Design & develop the Data Integration framework. Ensure code-reuse and maintainability.
- Establish and maintain the scalability of an ETL system to sustain increasing volumes of data that can scale from daily batch to multiple-day micro batch to integration with message queues or real-time change-data capture for continuous transformation and update.
- Build quality "back-end" solutions that prepare for growth in both data volume and concurrent usage.
- Minimum of 5 years ETL development experience.
- Strong Analytical and dimensional modeling background.
- Experience with Agile delivery methods.
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, implementation, and support.
- Provide technical leadership for establishing and maintaining solid, flexible ETL solutions.
- Be able to work with both non-technical and technical client community to accurately define data requirement.
- Good communication and presentation skills and must have the ability to work with people in various groups and departments both IT and business.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related areas.
- Master's degree in business or related discipline is a plus.
- Demonstrated Informatica expertise designing and implementing ETL processes using established industry best practices.
- Skilled in multiple RDBMS systems, including Snowflake, as well as DW DB Appliances
- Skilled in Informatica Powercenter
- Experience with Informatica Cloud is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Experience with one or more NoSQL databases is a plus
- Experience in one or more Hadoop distributions is a plus
- Experience with modern BI tools is a plus