Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio’s Physical Security & Safety team is growing and seeking an experienced and dynamic security leader for the position of Global Senior Manager, Emergency Preparedness & Safety. This individual will have responsibility and influence regarding corporate health & life safety initiatives providing critical path leadership and operational management. The successful Senior Manager, Emergency Preparedness & Safety will work through challenging situations and circumstances that will affect the safety of the entire company and will do so with a high degree of motivation and enthusiasm.
Twilio is looking for an experienced leader with a proven track record of developing and managing emergency preparedness and safety programs and who meet the following requirements.
- 8+ years in private sector corporate security and safety.
- Successful experience developing emergency response plans in a global context.
- Demonstrated management experience in crisis and emergency incidents.
- Demonstrated experience as an integral member of a Crisis Management Team up to the role of incident commander.
- Successful experience in the development and management of ERTs.
- Demonstrated experience in cross team collaboration providing audit and investigatory functions for EHS and SIRT.
- Willing and able to travel to any of the Twilio facilities sites and work flexible off-hours and weekends as required.
Bonus Points for:
- CPP, CSHO and/or ATAP CTM
- Bachelor’s degree in the areas of criminal justice, business management or emergency management
As a Senior Manager, Emergency Preparedness & Safety, you can expect to fill your days by:
- Building and maintaining relationships with both government and private authorities and agencies engaged in disaster/emergency planning, safety and security of each Twilio location.
- Developing emergency operations policies, standards and procedures.
- Establishing and deploying health & life safety initiatives such as workplace violence prevention, CERT and emergency preparedness.
- Lead a team of regional safety coordinators and administrators to train, enforce, audit and investigate corporate safety programs.
- Develop training and table top exercises for emergency response and crisis management teams.
- Develop and provide community training programs such as Active Assailant, CPR, AED and emergency first aid.
- Build strong relationships with business partners and cross functional teams to ensure the adoption of corporate emergency preparedness and safety operations.
The emergency preparedness & safety team is vital to the Twilio security program. We work closely with every Twilion in every location to ensure a safe work environment and a prepared workforce. We analyze and provide visibility and ensure we have policies and procedures to follow as well as the maximum safeguards in the event of an incident. The team provides investigations for related incidents to document, learn, adapt, iterate and scale our safety measures.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Denver, Dublin, Hong Kong, Irvine, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Redwood City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.