Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio’s Customer Experience team oversees the end-to-end experience for our developer and enterprise customers. Newly created in Q4 2018, the engineering team will combine quantitative and qualitative customer intelligence to deliver systems and infrastructure to help Twilio anticipate and deliver the best service for our customers. Twilio’s massive growth requires strategic, big picture thinkers who can see the possibility and identify the phased approach to get us there.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for designing features to help us take the temperature of our customers, learn from their feedback and activities, and proactively take action. You will work with engineers, product managers, customer support and others to launch new products and support existing ones.
- 7+ years of experience of hands-on experience developing full web stack applications.
- You have worked in an Agile development environment. You are an expert in practical aspects of running Scrum (or other agile methodologies) within a team and in a distributed cross-team environment.
- Ideally, you have experience in a production DevOps environment where you ship rapidly and often.
- You believe test automation is the only scalable way to ensure quality, and have built and maintained a complex automated test suite.
A degree is Computer Science or equivalent experience required.
As a senior engineer at Twilio, you are empowered to create impactful experiences for our customers, who are developers and enterprises. We believe products are a reflection of the people who build them, so we are looking for engineers with a strong sense of ownership and drive with the ambition, to accomplish what no one thought was possible.
- Join a small, high-impact, multi-talented engineering team.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Architects, and Engineering leaders to define, architect and build new customer-facing features.
- Own, operate and maintain your team’s services in a distributed production environment. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers.
- Drive quality by writing unit, functional, load and performance tests.
- Work in a full ownership DevOps model to ensure services are reliable, scalable, manageable and supportable. Develop diagnostic and troubleshooting tools made available via our developer portal and to our customer support organization.
- Lead architecture, design and code reviews as well as mentor junior engineers.
The Customer Experience team enables the voice of the customer to inform every element of Twilio’s decision-making. During this exploration, we identify opportunities to make the experience more seamless, intuitive and productive for the customer.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.