Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio’s Security Engineering (SecEng) team is responsible for securing Twilio’s complex global network. SecEng engineers support this mission by working across the organization to identify and implement betterments, understanding complex architectures and systems, drive down the number of vulnerabilities, reduce the blast radius of any vulnerabilities, and assist in incident response efforts when needed. You will be building solutions to tough security problems in real-time networks, assisting junior team members, and working with experts in cellular networks.
Twilio is looking for exceptional security engineers who meet the following requirements.
- 3-5 years experience with production AWS environments
- 3+ years evaluating network and system security issues
- Experience with endpoint protection tools (Carbon Black,etc.)
- Experience in penetration testing and red/blue team activities
- Basic Linux command line skills
- Demonstrated success as a cross-functional partner in the security space
- Commitment to sharing experiences and good security practices with the community
- Bachelor’s degree in information security, information technology, computer science, computer engineering, or equivalent experience.
Bonus Points for:
- Python, Ruby, Objective-C, Swift, or scripting knowledge
- Data Center to Cloud migration experience
- Azure, GCP, or other large cloud platform experience
- Experience working in/with Scrum teams
- AWS Certifications
- CISSP, CISA, GCIH, GCFA, GSEC, EnCE, GCEH, etc.
As a Cloud Security Engineer, you can expect to fill your days by:
- Working with 3G/4G and emerging cellular technologies
- Contributing to the development of our in-house security automation framework
- Working alongside engineering teams as their subject matter expert
- Closely work with Amazon Web Services, testing new services and developing guidance on how to use them securely
- Helping more junior team members by mentoring them, providing guidance, and positively influencing their careers (and their knowledge may influence yours!)
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. As a Cloud Security Engineer your work and designs will be critical in positioning ourselves as the most trusted brand in communications. You’ll also work with our most risk averse customers to discuss our security architecture. Our wide-ranging use of communications technology and cloud controls also offers excellent opportunities for research, the team regularly speaks at conferences around the world on these issues.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California St in Denver, CO You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco
and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.