Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
The Twilio Growth team is adding a Growth Manager - Analytics to analyze and accelerate customer acquisition. Focusing on digital channels at the top of our funnel, this person will fuel our continued growth by analyzing performance, setting up systems, assessing experiments, and recommending improvements. For anyone who wants to pursue a career in Growth, this is an excellent chance to learn alongside a team that knows their stuff. We've already chalked up wins in SEO, conversion, signups, and user activation...and we're just getting started.
The right candidate has a mix of business acumen and analytical skills to identify and analyze ambiguous problems in a fast-paced environment.
- At least 4 years experience in an analytical or business strategy role.
- Excellent analytical skills (Excel), are familiar with SQL, and enjoy extracting insights from big datasets.
- Able to distill and communicate a concise narrative from a complex analysis.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience in a quantitative field such as economics, engineering, math, science, or finance.
- Desire to work with analytic tools such as HEAP, Google Analytics, Looker, and/or Tableau.
- Background in professional services (management consulting, investment banking) is a plus.
Regarding culture, we seek people who demonstrate our values, enjoy challenging problems, empower others to thrive, “draw the owl”, and adapt their playbook when necessary.
You will partner with the rest of Marketing (website, demand gen, product marketing) to analyze our top-of-funnel digital channels. You will uncover opportunities to increase traffic, conversion, and user activation. Specifically, you will:
- Report and advise on trends in website traffic and SEO keyword success
- Instrument our top of funnel with UTM codes to report on performance by channel
- Implement multi-touch attribution to track cost-to-acquire new users & leads
- Propose and execute A/B tests to increase conversion on the website
- Help our content team prioritize what to write by quantifying impact down-funnel
- Advocate for our web visitors by learning which personas are getting stuck where
- Manage our Google Analytics and Heap implementations
- Identify opportunities for personalization and make recommendations for relevant content
Your insights, ideas, and leadership will carry Twilio to the next level of our trajectory. Because Twilio is fueling the future of communications, we have an impactful narrative that attracts millions of visitors and leads. That makes this role attractive for marketing professionals who prefer a data-driven approach to optimization. Small changes make a big difference.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.