Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Do you like working with big data? Do you like using data to drive decisions across the business? If yes, our data warehouse team works closely with leaders across the company from Finance, Product, Sales, Marketing and beyond to drive the business, all using massive amounts of data. In this role, you will see a direct link between your work, company growth, and customer satisfaction, all at global scale.
- You have 3+ years experience in a software engineering role.
- You have 3+ years experience creating complex SQL statements.
- You have 3+ years experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance.
- You have 3+ years experience working with Spark or other distributed systems.
- You have 3+ years experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- You are proficient in at least one major language such as Python, Scala, or Java.
- You have strong communication skills, and can effectively partner with analysts, product managers, engineers from across the business (Finance, Sales, Marketing, etc.)
As a Data Engineer on the Business Intelligence team, you will:
- Work directly with the business (primarily analysts, engineers and product managers) to define the datasets they need to run the business, both internal to Twilio, and from external 3rd party systems.
- Build and launch robust real-time data processing pipelines and integrations, while simultaneously optimizing for performance and stakeholder requirements.
- Ensure uptime and performance of data warehouse.
For the right candidate, this is fun work, creating and operating a massive data warehouse based on cutting-edge technologies like Kafka, Spark, Presto, and Redshift. The Business Intelligence team builds data ingestion, integration and transformation services using distributed frameworks that allow us to process and analyze large sets of data. In turn, we empower the business to make data-driven decisions at scale.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 101 Spear Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.