Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Do you like working with big data? Do you like using data to drive decisions across the business? If yes, our business intelligence team works closely with leaders across the company from Finance, Product, Sales, Marketing and beyond to drive the business, all using massive amounts of data. In this role, you will see a direct link between your work, company growth, and customer satisfaction, all at global scale.
- You have 3+ years experience in a software engineering role working with data.
- You have 3+ years experience with distributed data processing using Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Map Reduce, Pig etc.
- You have 3+ years experience with Redshift, Snowflake, Hive, Presto, Cassandra etc.
- You have 3+ years experience working with Spark or other distributed systems.
- You have 3+ years experience with CI/CD and related technologies and processes
- You have expert coding skills across a number of languages including Scala, Java, Python, SQL etc.
- You have knowledge or experience working in cloud environment especially AWS
- You have strong communication skills, and can effectively partner with analysts, product managers, engineers from across the business (Finance, Sales, Marketing, etc.)
As a Software Engineer in Business Intelligence team, you will:
- Build and launch batch and real-time data processing pipelines using distributed frameworks that handles massive amounts of data
- Launch and manage company wide analytics infrastructure including Redshift, Snowflake, Presto, Spark, Airflow, Cassandra etc.
- Participate in on call duties and production support for critical systems and services
- Ensure uptime and performance of all data warehouse and analytical systems.
- Build platforms and services that scales with the growing data needs of Twilio
- Work closely with other platform engineers on various infrastructure needs
For the right candidate, this is fun work, creating and operating a massive data warehouse based on cutting-edge technologies like Kafka, Spark, Presto, and Redshift. The Business Intelligence team builds data ingestion, integration and transformation services using distributed frameworks that allow us to process and analyze large sets of data. In turn, we empower the business to make data-driven decisions at scale.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 101 Spear Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.