Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
You're an educator at heart who loves teaching developers how to build amazing things. Through writing technical blog posts, documentation, support tickets, or even READMEs you've realized the power — and challenge — of writing technical content. You understand that the devil is in the details: accuracy, conciseness, and relevance. But you’ve also felt that unique satisfaction when a developer learns something new thanks to what you wrote.
Beyond just writing, you may have also discovered that you’re motivated by teaching your peers face-to-face as well.
Through either setting, you’ve probably wondered if our industry’s standards for documentation and training are really the best they can be. And you’re excited at the thought of pushing beyond those standards to discover new ways to educate developers.
Look no further. We’re looking for a talented Developer Educator to join our team. We’re on a mission to challenge and empower developers to build robust communications with SendGrid.
As a Developer Educator at Twilio, your job is to challenge and empower developers to build the future of communications. You will do this primarily through technical documentation, focusing on SendGrid's Knowledge Center and API documentation. We're looking for someone who can create high-quality, user-friendly documentation to help our customers get their jobs done as painlessly as possible.
- You are talented, curious, and have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly in an evolving environment.
- You have 3+ years of experience producing technical documentation.
- You have experience writing API reference documentation and slinging sample code.
- You're not afraid to roll your sleeves up to write code snippets and sample applications.
- You get excited about technology and love learning about new things.
- You can quickly identify customer pain points and have a consistent desire to do whatever it takes to fix them.
- You care about grammar and punctuation and have a teacher’s heart that drives you to share with others who are lacking your experience and skills.
- You have a meticulous eye for attention to detail, consistency, and accuracy.
- You appreciate being part of a fast-paced, constantly iterative environment.
- You enjoy collaborating with teammates and cross-functional teams.
In this role, you may find yourself rewriting existing content, building a new sample application, authoring new tutorials, shepherding API reference documentation out the door, assisting with the launch of a new feature, creating and reviewing content for TwilioQuest, or reviewing the work of a fellow Developer Educator or our external contributors.
In this role, you will...
- You'll create, edit, and organize technical documentation into meaningful learning ways for a variety of audiences.
- Write sample code to show developers how to work with SendGrid.
- Write documentation in markdown and confidently deploy content using GitHub.
- Experiment with new ways to help our customers learn our products faster.
- Lead customer research initiatives to help identify what customers need to be more successful with SendGrid.
- Evolve our content style guide to improve clarity and foster consistency across SendGrid's documentation.
- Partner with internal subject matter experts and key stakeholders to create documentation to support our go-to-market efforts.
- Ensure SendGrid's documentation is maintained and reflects the current state of the products.
- Objectively analyze the effectiveness of SendGrid's documentation and propose recommendations for improvement.
- Build new technologies and systems that can improve our processes, content, or productivity.
- Prioritize technical content in a dynamic team environment while developing and maintaining a high-quality code base.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
Our team is fully distributed, so while you will have colleagues in the Denver SendGrid offices, you will interact remotely with the Developer Education team. You will enjoy all of Twilio's incredible perks: monthly Kindle book reimbursement, monthly gym reimbursement, bi-weekly All Hands and more. Between our Superclass training events and team meetings, you will be expected to travel 1-2 times per quarter. We also believe that in order to do this job well, you need a balanced work and home life. We offer generous PTO. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 2,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore, Sydney, and Tallinn.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.