Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a Privacy Operations Manager who has supported a privacy compliance program at a fast-paced technology company. You are the right person for the role if you like the challenge of supporting a fast growing privacy program You will support the program to maintain compliance with Twilio’s Binding Corporate Rules and ensure compliance with broader legal privacy obligations, while looking for innovative ways to take the privacy program to the next level. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who believes in the importance of data privacy, but also understands the practical obstacles of implementing those principles in a complex technological ecosystem, has experience working cross-functionally to overcome those obstacles, and enjoys the challenge of it all.
Twilio is looking for a privacy professional to help scale our privacy program!
- You have experience communicating compliance asks and the corresponding risk of non-compliance to engineers, product managers, and other internal customers
- You’re passionate about creating and maintaining metrics using technologies such as Jira, Confluence, and emerging privacy tech tools
- You have managed a large program or multiple small simultaneous programs start to finish
- You’re comfortable with privacy compliance frameworks and enough technical knowledge to answer detailed internal and external customer questions
- You're an excellent communicator with outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills, as well as the ability to write well and translate complex issues into simple language that people who are not experts can understand
- You have professional experience in global technology privacy and data protection, such as CCPA, GDPR, and HIPAA
- You have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and 3 or more years of work experience specifically in privacy
- CIPP/US/E/CIPM or CIPT or other privacy or risk and compliance related certifications a plus (i.e. CISA or CISSP).
- Audit/Consulting/Client services experience a big plus, especially regarding Privacy, Security or Control frameworks.
A great week for you would involve coordinating with a cross-functional team of privacy, security, engineering, finance and HR professionals to develop and implement a scalable solution to implement privacy controls tailored to Twilio’s unique environment. In doing so, you know that you are ensuring that Twilio is not just meeting its privacy commitments, but that you’re helping Twilio go the extra mile to put in place a solution that will positively impact the company for months and years ahead.
Some specifics include:
- Partner with internal teams such as product, engineering, security and marketing to identify privacy issues, propose solutions, and perform data protection impact assessments
- Manage the collection of privacy metrics and prepare reporting for Head of Privacy to present to senior management and all lines of business on privacy and data protection issues
- Assist with Twilio’s vendor privacy risk assessment program
- Manage the rollout of privacy training in compliance with Twilio’s Binding Corporate Rules
- Support the privacy team in preparing for our 3rd party assessments such as our Binding Corporate Rules audit and Privacy Maturity Model assessment.
- Assist with selection and implementation of privacy tech tools and GRC software to improve privacy maturity and build scalable processes
- Raise awareness of internal policies around privacy and data usage across Twilio’s global team by planning and managing internal events such as privacy week
- Manage the prioritization of business needs, project related work, and team and partner capabilities to support an effective program and deliver exceptional results
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. As our CEO Jeff Lawson has said, “Trust is the number one thing we sell in the cloud.” And, upholding the highest standards of data privacy is part of of building and keeping the trust of our customers and employees. This is even more so as data privacy continues to grow as a high profile concern worldwide. That is why we’re looking for a leader who will help build out, scale, and maintain our privacy program to help Twilio meet and exceed our global data privacy obligations and commitments.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we are dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in tackling hard problems and encourage creating your own solutions to problems. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful new office at 101 Spear Street in the Rincon Center in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.