Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
The Chief Customer Officer is responsible for driving exceptional post-sale customer success and experience for every Twilio customer. This senior executive will own and evolve all of Twilio’s existing global customer success, customer support, customer experience functions as well as future professional services capabilities in Contact Center and other areas. This executive will lead Twilio’s transformation in these areas both upstack into Contact Center as well as up market into the enterprise segment. This individual also will have a proven ability to create world-class systems and processes to fuel success in all of these areas.
This individual will have a demonstrated track record of running global customer success, support, and services at scale for a cloud software and/or communications provider, working with customers ranging from small business all the way to Fortune 500 customers. This executive will build a world-class leadership team, create strong culture of wearing the customers’ shoes at every touch point, develop strong operational command and control of execution and metrics, build strong systems and processes, plus spend time in the field with customers to have first-hand knowledge of customer needs. Also, given Twilio’s business model that depends on winning the hearts and minds of developers, this individual will also have a strong understanding of the unique needs and expectations of developers.
This executive will be required to work effectively with Twilio’s executive team, including: go to market, product, super network, finance, and more.
The Chief Customer Officer will be part of the Go-To-Market leadership team and report to the COO
- Lead our global, customer success, customer support, and professional services teams
- Create evangelists by listening to customers closely and delighting them with our post-sale service
- Wear the customer’s shoes and represent the voice of the customer to influence internal stakeholders. Be the champion of the customer.
- Build a global professional services organization to support customers from onboarding and training through to long-term adoption of Twilio as a strategic customer engagement platform.
- Increase NPS and CLTV by defining the customer journey and architecting the customer engagement process to exceed customer service expectations and deliver business value to our customers
- Own key operational metrics like expansion, churn, and contraction; professional services revenue; and customer satisfaction.
- Relentlessly pursue operational excellence to efficiently deliver exceptional service
- Hire, train, and develop a world-class team
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Business or Computer Science or related experience
- 15+ years of proven leadership in post-sale customer success, support, and/or services
- 5+ years of leadership in a Chief Customer Officer or equivalent role at $1B scale or higher
- High IQ and EQ, proven strong leadership and decision making
- Strong communication skills, ability to articulate and sell a vision
- Strong execution skills and the ability to drive action and accountability
- Proven track record of hiring and managing world-class talent
- Entrepreneurial spirit and mindset, a focus on possibilities and not obstacles
- Proven ability to navigate ambiguity and change
- Proven track record of defining and optimizing processes
- Ability to communicate directly to product and technical teams
- Ability to travel as necessary to support business
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.