Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and is seeking a Data Analyst to be a data driven member of the People Analytics team. This role will be responsible for providing operational reporting and analysis to partners within the People team. You are right for this role if you excel at juggling multiple priorities, are attentive to details, have good communication skills, and enjoy solving problems. You are a results-oriented individual who is motivated to seek complex problems, has a "can do" attitude, and is comfortable asking questions. Expert level Excel proficiency and strong analytical skills will be critical to your success.
Twilio is looking for an analyst with a demonstrable ability to quickly analyze large amounts of data, from different sources, synthesizing findings in easy to understand concepts and work.
- At least 4 years of related experience
- Must be attentive to details
- Strong analytical skills
- Able to juggle many tasks at once
- Good interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Demonstrated ability to structure complex problems, develop solutions, and craft recommendations into easily digestible messages, data sets, and reports.
- Able to make recommendations and partner with domain owners to ensure data quality
- Excel master, v-lookups, pivot tables, etc.
- Data guru, able to slice and dice with ease
- Experience using Google suite (Docs, Sheets)
- Experience using an HRIS (e.g., Workday): pulling and/or adjusting reports
- Experience with an ATS (e.g., Greenhouse): pulling reports and system navigation
- Tableau Desktop experience (ad-hoc analysis / dashboard creation)
- Dashboard creation (Google Sheets, Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, Looker)
- SQL, Python, R
As a Data Analyst, People Analytics - you will be responsible for the following:
- Ad-Hoc analysis of data sets for business partners and the People Analytics team
- Maintaining a portfolio of reports for business partners
- Providing a regular cadence of reports and analysis
- Data integrity and reconciliation
- Documenting processes and reporting methodology to support our growing scale
- Assist in maintaining metrics definitions for key partners
- Work with multiple data sets focused on diversity & inclusion, attrition, performance, headcount, etc..
The People Analytics team is central to Twilio's cross-functional partners’ data driven strategy, leveraging data to inform and influence decisions that impact Twilions globally. In identifying, evaluating, and analyzing our talent, we want to ensure that we attract, develop, and retain the best and brightest Twilions.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in Tallinn. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, monthly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; and that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 2,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, Tallinn, and Denver.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.