Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio Colombia SAS is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Accountant to assist with performing the month, quarter, and annual close process of the on a timely basis. You are right for this role if you have a strong attention to detail, excited to learn new things and have a “can do” attitude. Reporting to the Senior Manager, International Accounting, this position will be critical in helping the team meet crucial accounting deadlines and help scale processes as the Company grows.
Twilio is looking for a key contributor on the overall general ledger and accounting team, ensuring the Company’s financials are complete, accurate and in accordance with Statutory books and GAAP. We seek someone with:
- 3-5 years of accounting/finance experience
- Degree in Accounting with Professional Card
- Fully bilingual in English and Spanish. Portuguese a plus
- Strong skills and experience with SIIGO
- Knowledge of US GAAP and Colombia GAAP, Colombian accounting reports and tributary laws
- Solid experience in national and local tax reporting, DIAN, Withholding, Income Tax, Payroll.
- Knowledge of foreign currency translation and intercompany accounting
- Demonstrated problem-solving, strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excited to learn new things and take on additional tasks to support the team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to meet deadlines
- Netsuite experience a plus
- Experience from working on remote team a plus
As Senior Accountant, you will:
- Participate in the daily and monthly close process. Processing Accounts Payable, journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations, month end accruals, tax reporting.
- Partner with International Twilio teams to perform and improve the Accounting operations and processes.
- Support tax reporting and year-end financial audit preparation.
- Maintain and improve current processes.
- Assist the International team in projects as needed.
- **APLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT RESUMES IN ENGLISH, APPLICANTS THAT DO NOT SUBMIT IN ENGLISH WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED**
The Accounting organization is on a mission to hire the very best and to create exceptional employee experiences. We are actively scaling for current and future growth and believe that we can add value through our collaboration with all other functional teams at Twilio. We realize that new ideas have to come from everywhere in the organization, and we know the next big idea could be yours. You will have an incredible impact in how we achieve our goals of sustained excellence and scalability, and your role is integral into growing Twilio.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Bogota office. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, massages. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.