Twilio’s mission is to fuel the future of communications. Twilio powers communications for over 50,000 businesses around the world as a developer platform for communications. Software teams use Twilio APIs to add capabilities like voice, video, and messaging to their applications. This enables businesses to provide the right communications experience for their customers. Behind Twilio APIs is a Super Network, a software layer that connects and optimizes communications networks around the world. This is what allows end users to reliably call and message anyone anywhere. Programmable communications has become more crucial than ever to the success of businesses today.
Twilio is seeking a Carrier Relations Director to join our Super Network team working with our Carrier partners and our internal experts to expand the partnership strategy to deliver the Twilio service through our North America Connectivity Partners.
We are looking for a highly capable, dynamic and experienced Carrier Relations Director to lead and grow our business in North America. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit to build our growing business being able to expand the deal framework and partnership strategy to deliver the Twilio service in North America. This role will manage the relationship with North American carriers to ensure best availability of service.
The ideal candidate will possess strong regulatory knowledge, data analytical, problem solving, client relationship management, and project execution skills. Must be able to balance long term and short term goals by consistently evaluating decisions in terms of impact to the business. The Carrier Relations Director will be responsible for managing the partner mix, performance, and strategy in accordance with Twilio’s financial goals, quality standards, and product feature requirements. The person will own these partnerships from a strategic business perspective and will report to the HQ and APAC connectivity teams on overall strategy.
Twilio is looking for a leader with:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in telecommunications carrier relations and business development with demonstrated success in developing partnering strategies
- Strong understanding of relationship management and sensitivity of a growing business in an established industry. Superior communication and interpersonal skills; the ability to build relationships at multiple levels and to work cross-organizationally towards solutions.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to deliver results in a global and matrixed organization.
- Proven team leadership abilities including: creative and proactive approach to conflict resolution and problem solving, mentoring, coaching, recognition and performance management.
- Proven track record negotiating and closing complex agreements. Experience navigating through multiple decision makers and influencers.
- Highly results-oriented, Data driven with strong analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of: CLEC, PSTN & VoiP ecosystem, LERG data functions, SS7/ISUP/SIP design, North American LNP/Neustar, NPAC, TF RespOrg 8xx/8MS/Somos routing & CPRgen.
- Experience in Contract negotiation for voice and data transport buying, sourcing MSA, Interconnects, unilateral and bilateral agreements
- Experience in MOU cost modeling and forecasts, CDR and Network cost analysis
- Highly motivated self-starter with the Skills, Energy, Hands on, Passionate. Persistent. Creative to Gets things done.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills with the ability to engage with and present to executive level.
As the Carrier Relations Director, you will:
- Manage long-term relationships with telecommunication providers for an effective product offering in North America that maximizes value to Twilio and our customers.
- Accountable for the business partnership and partner performance management against cost and quality performance goals for the Twilio service.
- Prepare and lead monthly, quarterly and annual reviews of the business relationship up to presentations at C-Level of partners.
- Create Cost models, proof of concept and implemented models and diagrams for new and existing carriers and trunks
- Understand the regulatory and legal background on a per country level and create a knowledge base of regulatory and legal basic facts for internal stakeholders.
- Act as a business consultant to help partners set their business strategy. Collaborate with internal and external business partners to build, maintain and implement business plans to support the sales effort.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Berlin, Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore and Tallinn.