Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio Security is looking for an experienced Security Customer Trust leader. We’re looking for you to bring in enthusiasm and expertise to exceed our customers’ expectations. You’ll be challenged to drive the vision, priorities and plans for the program, which oversees all customer interactions with the security team. You know how to walk in customers' shoes and provides timely, relevant solutions to their problems. You are passionate about transparent communication, whether that means extolling Twilio’s virtues or owning opportunities to improve.
This role requires a blend of many skillsets. We’re generally looking for the following, but will consider a variety of backgrounds:
- Track record of building and improving existing programs and processes.
- Experience leading a technical customer-facing communications program.
- Experience working with or leading global teams.
- Broad knowledge of IT concepts, including encryption, networking, operating systems, databases, middleware, and applications.
- Working knowledge of common security legal and regulatory requirements (e.g., PCI, SOC, HIPAA, GDPR, FedRAMP, NIST, ISO/IEC 2700X, COBIT, etc.).
- You have or are willing to obtain a certification such as: CISSP, CISA, CCSP, CCSK, CIPP, PMP, CRISC, CFCP, or CGEIT.
As the leader of Security Customer Trust, you can expect to fill your days by:
- Building the vision, priorities and plans for security communications.
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with Twilio teams to enable our customers to succeed.
- Overseeing all customer security requests, inclusive of on site audits, completing questionnaires, and reviewing legal documents.
- Analyzing and reporting on customer requests and roadblocks to drive internal change.
At Twilio, maintaining customer trust is our top priority. The Security Customer Trust team was created to provide transparency to our customers and anticipate what they’ll need in the future. That’s where your leadership is needed.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Franciscoand other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.