Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
We are seeking a leader of Customer Trust. The communications industry is experiencing growing abuse from bad actors robocalling, spamming and phishing customers. They attempt to use companies like ours in their activities. This role will be responsible for the end to end trusted communications efforts. They will work to ensure compliance with evolving government regulations. They will build communications protocols with our customers to alert them of pending changes and actions needed by them. They will lead our fraud and abuse detection and enforcement teams and define our policies. They will drive product requirements and implementation that enable our business customers to be verifiably identified for end consumers to answer their phones with confidence.
- 20+ years of hands-on leadership and executive roles in the high-tech industry launching complex hardware and software products to market
- Strong program management, planning, and organizational skills including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Track record of driving significant and successful business transformation programs and scaling a company. Both startup and large corporation experience desirable
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, communication and influencing skills, with the ability to build credible relationships across multiple functions
- Proven ability to lead through influence and drive change
- Experience driving both software and product development lifecycle, globally
- Proven ability to drive change
- Great operator. You are able to lead and refine operations teams. You identify and lead automation to drive higher efficiency
- Strong analytical, leadership and organizational persuasion skills across multiple stakeholders, functions, and customers
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business or equivalent experience, MBA preferred; Program Management expert
- Ability to drive large, complex projects and initiatives cross-functionally
- Drive global end-to-end program execution, operational excellence, and transformation in order to deliver financial and strategic company objectives
- Portfolio: Prioritize, optimize, and align portfolios across the cross-functional programs to ensure successful on-time delivery and efficient execution while also ensuring constant improvement and predictability in execution across key functions of the company
- Implementer: Drive business priorities from start to finish. Execute special projects or initiatives on behalf of the executive team or the organization
- Operating cadence: Keeping operations moving and establishing the structure and process for better transparency, communication, and execution
- Work with customers, government policy leaders, legal, pr, and internal r&d teams to drive business outcomes
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders across multiple functions, establishing and delivering optimal strategies that support the growth of the business
- Create cohesion among teams and departments. Connect the dot across the organization for improved alignment and engagement
The Trusted Communications team is central to Twilio's leadership in creating Trust in the world of communications. At Twilio, we've had a front row seat for the last 11 years to see the amazing innovations that developers and companies bring to the world's communications when the barriers to innovation are lowered. We've seen Crisis Text Line build a nationwide text hotline, which has helped [hundreds of thousands of] people in their moment of crisis. We've seen Uber, Lyft and others reinvent transportation while preserving the privacy of drivers and riders with innovative uses for voice and SMS. We've seen Remind reinvent educational communications, enabling millions of school teachers to communicate with parents and students over text. These, and more than 140,000 other customers, are reimagining how communications impacts our lives every day. The key to preserving this innovation is Trust -- trust in the communications you're having and trust in the technology and companies behind it all. This team will be the steward of that trust for our customers. It is core to everything we do at Twilio and our #1 priority.
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.